Mrs Daredevil

I wrote this story in fourth grade, I just now found it. I think it is pretty good, and I hope you do to. If you like it enough, and I get at least five comments, I will add another story. Thanks for Reading!

         Everyone asks me why I am not scared of anything. I never answered that question, but now I will. My parents are detectives, they go on missions all the time. They solve crimes almost everyday. Sometimes it takes weeks to solve in mystery. But in this job my parents have to be fearless.

         So one day I want to be a fearless detective just like my parents. That's why I practice being fearless by taking this crazy dares. Sometimes I wish I could say no, but I can't because I have to face my fears.

          I especially wish I could say now on this dare. One day I was playing truth or dare with my friends, when Susie gave me the dare to go on the woods at our sleepover instead of in the backyard. The woods were known to be hunted, but I took the day anyway.

          Three hours later, in my backyard Susie, Landis, Lucy, and Zoe set up camp in my backyard. While I was stuffing food, a sleeping bag, the spare tent, two blankets, and a flashlight into my trash bag. When I came outside I was greeted by a lot of questions like "Are you sure Mina?"

           I nodded and headed into the woods, I forgot to get my flashlight out of my bag before I went into the woods. I fished through my bag. I wanted to turn back but I knew this is what I had been waiting for. As I went deeper into the woods I found a little space just big enough to set up a tent. There was a lot of scary looking shadows cast by my flashlight.

          After a while I listen for any wolves howling. As I listened I heard an owl go, whooo, whooo, whooo. I'm starting to get cold so I decided to gather wood for fire. As I got up I was glad I  remembered to grab matches. I went deeper into the woods but I saw a wolf and inched back to the tent where I decided I was just going to use blankets.

         I was scared but I didn't want to admit it. I curled up into a tight ball, trying to warm myself. As I curled up my eyelids started to Drew I went to sleep and try to forget everything that happened. When I woke up I was scared that there was going to be a wolf outside of the time. I needed to get back to my yard but I didn't want my friends to think I was scared by coming out early. So after a lot of thinking, I just thought I would eat the rest of my pizza. I ate slowly, it was cold and hard. As I finished eating I looked at my watch and realize that I don't have to eat here I could have it at home! I packed up and headed home. I was thinking, and I decided that I was never going into the woods again.

          My friends are waiting for me. I came out and they were swarming me with questions. "Mina, are there actually wolves?"

asked Susie.

" I am pretty sure there isn't." I replied.

"Were you scared staying in the woods all night" asked Landis.

" Definitely not." I lied.

"Was it cold out?" asked Zoe.

"Yes, it was cold." I answered, getting tired of all the questions.

"Did you eat berries for breakfast? asked Lucy.

"No!" I laughed.

      When we got inside we had some pancakes. What I failed to tell them was that there were definitely Wolfes in the woods. We enjoyed the rest to the morning watching tv. I would most certainly, not be going in the woods without protection again.