Chapter 20 | The Stranger's Rage

"Thank you, Eir

"Thank you, Eir. Until next time."

Lily left the healer's hut, closing the door behind her. Today was particularly chilly- the crisp air making her nostrils burn.

She had been attending more check-ins with Eir, hopefully trying to uncover more about her past.

There hasn't been much progress, leaving Lily feeling unmotivated and defeated. Most of her self-discovery came from the cloaked man, who has been showering her with gifts daily. He's been a godsend for his mental health.She discovered that she absolutely loved the taste of bison meat. He has been showing off his cooking prowess, proving he was better than Heidrun. She promised he had no competition- but it seemed something still told him there was.

He even began to gift her handmade clothing. She currently wore a comfortable jacket made from alpaca wool.

"Lily!" A voice called out. She turned to look, watching a blonde, short-haired man wander up to her.

"Good morning, Heidrun." She greeted gently.
He smiled at the sound of her voice. "How was your check-in?"

Lily adjusted her jacket, "It was okay." She'd say, though deflating with a grim expression. "I feel a little hopeless, though."

He patted her shoulder, making her tense. "Lighten up," he reassured her. "You're slowly remembering things, right? Progress is better than no progress."

Heidrun rubbed her back soothingly but only made her think of the cloaked man. He was right- his kisses were perfect at engraining him in her mind. It was hard to forget a man who could make her unravel and beg with little effort.

As Heidrun lowered his hand and opened his mouth to talk- a hand roughly grasped Lily's wrist.Looking over with a startled gasp, Aun stood there with his hand on her. He appeared tired- but an unexplainable emotion drowned in his bleak eyes.

"You're needed." He rumbled, yanking Lily as he began to walk. "Oh-"

Lily's brows furrowed, "Uhm- do you mind not... touching me?"

Aun stared her down- but slowly let go of her wrist.

She turned to look at the cook, "Goodbye, Heidrun!" She'd wave, "Sorry!"

He chuckled, "It's alright." He reassured- shoving his hands into his pockets as she got further and further away.

Though, Lily couldn't help but notice his expression slowly shifting into that of worry.

She didn't want to suffer his or Vor's wrath, so she followed Aun. They sped up the stairs, her legs getting wobbly and weak from exhaustion.

She needed to exercise more...

Lily noticed he wore an expression of irritation, features slightly scrunched up. It was strange to see Aun wandering around with anything but blankness or tiredness on his face. Finally, they reached the meeting room she had been in once before.

As expected, Vor awaited her in the room. The muscular woman tapped her foot, clearly impatient.

"There she fucking is." The woman spat as the two entered the room. Lily shrank into herself.Aun glanced at the white-haired woman, "This is all some- ruse," He claimed, "It's clear as day."
Vor scoffed, "What's your goal, huh?"

Lily fidgeted, "To-" She tried to say something- but Lily decided it wasn't worth her breath. There was nothing that'd convince this woman otherwise.

"BULLSHIT."

It's been a while since she was yelled at.

Seems she has a lot to catch up on.