°˖✧˚ ♡ʚ twenty-eight ɞ♡˚✧˖°.

Back in the present

Back in the present

The tension in the air is almost unbearable, and the silence seems to stretch on forever. You can feel Crystal's gaze on Rindou, and it's almost sickening. You know that there is some sort of chemistry between the two of them, but it's starting to get on your nerves.

As the silence continues, an idea pops into your head, and you can feel a devilish smirk crossing your face. You take out the alcohol spray, and start to spray it on the cuts on Rindou's chest. The sudden burn of the alcohol takes him aback, and suddenly, all of his attention is back on you.

The look on his face is one of surprise, mixed with a bit of anger. But you don't care. You're just satisfied to have gained his attention once again, and to have shattered the awkward silence that was starting to choke you.

"I'm sorry, I should have warned you first," you say, your voice sounding much more sincere than you intended. You take the cotton and gently rub it on his cuts, trying to alleviate some of the pain. Your proximity with him is closer than it should be, and you know that it's intentional.

As he replies, "It's fine." His voice, deep.

As you sit there, your back facing Crystal, you can feel the hostility radiating off of her. Her glares seem to be cutting into you like daggers, but you refuse to show any sort of weakness. You may be a girl, but you're also capable of being just as mean as the rest of them. You'll play their game, and you'll win. It's just a matter of finding the right opening.

And you're good at finding those openings. You may not be a master manipulator, but you've had your fair share of practice. You know how to get what you want, and you're not scared to play dirty.

Turning around. You give Crystal a quick smirk, letting her know that you're not afraid of her. She can glare all she wants, but it won't break you.

You stare at Crystal, and she glares back, but she doesn't say anything. She just walks away, her body language making it clear that she's frustrated. You don't really care about her feelings, though. You're just happy to have survived another day.

As you stand up and walk towards your desk, you turn to face him. "You're good, your wounds were just mere scratches," you say, trying to sound reassuring. "Just make sure you don't fight again when it's my shift."

Then suddenly, hear the sound of the door bursting open, and for a moment, you jump, startled by the sudden noise. As you turn to see what's going on, you see the wander appear behind the guards, a scowl on his face. The guards start to search the room, their eyes scanning every inch, their hands rifling through the drawers, pulling them out and practically destroying them in the process.

You watch in confusion as they seem to be looking for something specific, all the while not even taking the time to be gentle with your belongings. It's clear that they don't care about what they're destroying, as long as they find what they're looking for.