Chapter 1; The Delta

[DRC, Africa]
[19:21;03 - 2027]
[MSgt. Josh Hunt]
[1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta]

"...Lased," A quick sentence is finished as Josh, laying on the Ground holds a device pointing at a out of place building to his front.

"Copy Shard 0-1, Dropping JDAM's." A voice from the earpiece in his ear replied to his earlier sentence, "ETA to Contact; 30 Seconds. Were RTB."

Josh rustled a bit before getting his hands on his radio and replying, "Copy."

A silent whistle came to the silent Forest before a sudden Explosion was heard sending shockwaves across the Forest, Josh merely retreated back and spoke through the radio, "Positive Hit, Shard 0-1 RTB."

Josh after speaking grabbed his weapon resting in a nearby tree before walking away from the spot where he was in earlier, after a while of walking he stopped and crouched down before speaking, "Shard 0-2, 0-1. Check?"

Seconds pass before a reply was heard, "Shard 0-1, 0-2. Copy, at Point 8 Romeo."

"Copy, At Papa 7 Romeo. Click two," He says before two faint Clicks were heard from his right, "On your Left, Check fire"

He looks to his right scanning to find his Team member when he spots a prone figure, "Lets move, LZ is one mike away." He slowly gets up and so does his Team mate.

"Good your still movin' Grizzly, what's word with Robin and Rook?" He asks when Grizzly was now close to him. Grizzly replied "Their at the 2nd LZ, Destroyed the Air defense HQ and the Anti-Air Missile launchers except for one; they removed it to blow up the ammunition storage."

He merely nodded before jumping across a small stream and mutters, "Told them to bring an Extra,"

A while pass the two men arrived in a Clearing inside the forest, "Star 2-3, Shard 0-1. Were at LZ Alpha."

"Shard 0-1, Star 2-3. We are exiting holding pattern, ETA 1 Mike," The radio buzzed after the short silence.

"A good time to make some lemon juice." Grizzly moves to a tree unzipping his pants and starts peeing at a bottle. Josh meanwhile heard him while grabbing a skittles he hid in one of his pockets, "You Joking"

Grizzly looked at Josh opening the skittles, "What, you want some." He shows him the bottle filled with some yellow liquid.

"Pass," Josh looks at the now sat Grizzly, "I don't even have the time and your too low ranking to even get me to drink your lemon juice."

The two chatted up until the landing of the Stealth Osprey in the clearing of the forest where they were in. Upon stepping onboard the two men headed to the seats greeting the Crew chief and the Pilots upon entering, the two will have to get some rest before the landing in the Base.

The two men inside started to fall in slumber after takeoff since they had not slept in a while and it will take some time before they land, the Crew Chief and Pilots merely chatted.

"Cats or dogs?" The Co-Pilot voice came through the radio towards the Pilot. The pilot looked at his Co-pilot, "I prefer a Cat"

The two pilots chatted among themselves and did not try to wake the two sleeping men, the crew chief only listened and butted in the conversation time to time while playing heads and tails with a coin.

The Osprey weaved above the treeline dodging tall trees at 450 km an hour, just as the Osprey reach the end of the forest they arrive; to AFB Weasel. Separating the Base from the Forest is three sets of defensive sectors: Outer Sector or the First Sector is for; identification, Inspection, and Detection, 2nd Sector is a buffer between the First and last Sector, lastly the Last Sector made up of 4 CRAM units for point air defence and 6 armoured vehicles; 3 Bradleys, and 3 Abrams SEPv4