1

I, Lilith Lakeland, am the definition of a home body. I have little to no tolerance for the ignorance of people these days. Going to the grocery store twice a month literally enrages me. Everyone walks around entitled with a stick up their ass, it's exhausting. Hence why I'd rather stay in my little bubble. No one to bother me and I can enjoy my own company. At 24 I've never been in a relationship, never done the casual dating thing, nothing. Im as inexperienced as it gets but I'm okay with it, I've never really been interested in all of it. Like I said, I don't have the tolerance for people. Anywho, that all brings me back to one point I'm currently trying to make to the only two people I tolerate.

    "You can't live as a shut in, Lil." Maya said, rolling her eyes. "You're being dramatic. I go to work, I run errands, I leave the house plenty. Too much if you ask me." Spencer chuckled. "You haven't actually socialized with other humans since you were in school." She said crossing her arms. "And work doesn't count." She added. "What's the big deal Maya?" I sighed. "I just feel like since Spence and I got together we don't see you as often and we are literally the only people you speak to." Spencer's laughed again, standing up from my couch to walked over to us. "Look Lil, you know she won't drop it until you agree. It's just one little party." He said, giving his signature charming smile. I sighed again. "Fine. Don't expect any different behavior though." I grumbled and Maya cheered. "Alright, we'll wait for you to get dressed."

    As I was standing in front of the mirror I couldn't help but laugh at the fact I'd look like I fit right in. My wardrobe had always been 90% black and tonight was no exception with a black cropped sweater, black jeans and black boots. I'd only been around Spencer's friend group once or twice by complete coincidence. They're all bikers but as Spence says they're "not a biker gang" even though...that's quite literally what they are. But it's not my place to say that and it's honestly none of my business. Spencer is a good guy with a dark side but that dark side is never misdirected. I respect the hell out of him and I understand where he comes from in most situations, which is why I get along with him. His friends have seemed nice enough anytime I've been around them.

                                                   ~~~

    We pulled up at the house and I started to mentally preparing myself for people. "Come on, try not to look so miserable." Maya pleaded. I laughed. "I told you I would come, not that I'd enjoy it." She grumbled something to Spencer and he chuckled, throwing an arm over both of our shoulders. "Come on now ladies. Free booze and a good time await us. Lil I've seen you party with the best of them, don't act completely innocent." I rolled my eyes. "That was years ago, Spence." "Still." He shrugged as we entered the door. You could hear the music from out back, and see the guys through the large glass doors. Spence walked into the kitchen and poured us all a drink. "This is a nice house." I said simply, glancing around. "Yeah, Ry isn't really home much, we usually hang here." "Isn't Orion the like president of your 'club'? I don't think I've ever met him." Maya asked, putting air quotes and Spence chuckled. "You could say that. He's supposed to be coming home tonight though, so we're throwing him a welcome home party. He's been gone almost 3 month now." I listened but didn't add anything to the conversation. Spence handed Maya a glass of red wine and me a glass of whiskey. I cracked a smile at him.

    Spence had introduced me to everyone and I eventually found my little corner where I could sit and observe but no one bothered me. There were probably 30-35 people here, everyone seemed to get along well. On the surface at least. Some of the women here with the boys had tension, and seemed to be trying to one up each other. It was subtle and no one else probably noticed but I did. I was just glad none of them seemed to have any issues it's Maya. I finished my drink off and got up to walk back inside. No one was in there as I poured another glass of the expensive whiskey.