6. Welcome To Jurassic World

"Goodbye Uncle."

[Ben POV]

The smoke rises from the car engine.

"Is everyone okay?" Darius asks, concerned.

"Is everyone-?" Yaz says angrily then chuckles darkly. She opens the car door and stalks out crossly.

"Yaz, wait, wait. Yasmina!" Sammy calls out pleadingly, rushing after the track star.

The rest of us came out of the van. Kenji leans against it in silence, his arms crossed. Darius stands helplessly to the side, his arms limp. Brooklyn puts her hands on her hips with a pissed frown.

I stands by Y/N's spot on the floor where she sits crossed-legged with a worried expression. Bumpy groans and rubs against her legs as Y/N absentmindedly pets her.

"We're not okay!" Yaz loudly tells Sammy.

"Yaz-"

"We're in the middle of a jungle with a monster dinosaur out there and you- you-"

"Destroyed our only way to help and lied about it!" Brooklyn yells, joining in. "I told you guys!"

"So you did take Brooklyn's phone? Why? What were you doing?" Darius shouts at Sammy.

"Probably trying to erase my video of her taking those skin samples from the Sinoceratops! And you knew about the Indominus Rex because you were snooping around in Doctor Wu's office when I ran into you. I knew it!"

"I didn't mean to destroy the phone. I fell on it when the zip line came down and-"

"But you did have it? You had it the whole time and didn't tell us?" I ask, feeling even more hopeless.

"Hold up. Why were you in Dr. Wu's office, Brooklyn?" Darius asks her suspiciously.

"I... It doesn't matter. I didn't break our only way to call for help and lie about it. This isn't my fault, this is her fault! She-"

"I'm here to spy!!" Sammy bursts out. "For a company called Mantah Corp."

"Mantah Corp? They're a bioengineering company. Big rivals of Uncle Masrani," Y/N explains, stunned. "They tried to make dinosaurs too, but Wu beat them to it."

"You doomed us all for some lousy company?!" I yell loudly.

"Our ranch was in trouble, so we had to borrow money from some shady people. We didn't know they were fronting for Mantah Corp. They said we'd lose everything unless I spied for them. Use the behind the scenes access to gather info from Wu's lab, and DNA from dinos, and whatever else they needed. But then Brooklyn caught on, and I got scared. And then everything went wrong. This is the last thing I wanted to happen."

"Oh." Yasmina scoffs. "To be next to a broken van on Killer Dino Island? Hey, me too! What are the odds?!" Yasmina adapts a dark, sarcastic tone.

"Yaz I-"

"Was it all a lie, wanting to be friends?Pretending you cared about...
You just needed someone to hide what you were doing. Tell me I'm wrong." Yaz snaps.

Sammy stays quiet as tears streams down her cheeks.

"I'm such an idiot." Yasmina stalks away.

"You are wrong! I just didn't know how to say it, how to explain it to you! Just because I spied, doesn't change who I am!" Sammy puts a hand on Yaz's shoulder.

"Don't touch me! Go away, Sammy."

Sammy gasps, whimpers, cries, and runs away from Yaz.

"Look, I know the situation we're in is suboptimal-"