Chapter 5; Ivy

[Island B, Pacific]
[02:43;01 - 2025]

Landing his feet in the thick bushes of the island, Josh's parachute snags a branch.

Looking down he finds the ground two meters down, cutting the ropes he falls face first.

Standing back up he moves away from where he landed, checking his body he finds no injures.

"Any teams on this net, Mission is still underway; link up and continue to point Alpa-Favor," The sound of his Major suddenly appeared on the radio.

"Shit," he curses while finding his knife.

Finding it he moves on to the designated location, on reaching it with three other operators that he linked up on the way earlier.

"Major," Josh approached.

"Sergeant, you'll be in command of Shard. your team leader's chute was burned," The Major patted Josh's shoulder before moving to the other team leaders.

After all was said and done, Major did a headcount finding of the 60 men of 9 Teams. Only 54 remained, 4 of the men were confirmed KIA, with 2 MIA.

The major did a short brief, "Everyone listen up, we have two hours until extraction. I get it, you have lost good brothers today, i have no qualms with you crying to them. But we still have a mission; Sergeant you'll be momentarily taking over Orion, both assistant and team leader are MIA."

Turning back to the group of operators, "Rover, Echo you are support with Shard and Orion; Jester, Quarter teams move to the right flank; Yankee, Pickle teams move for flanking; Beaver team, you are to secure the way to the Extraction Zone."

"Alright, lets go!" He looks at the men before him.

Josh looked at the Major disappearing in the bushes, he looks at the operators with their balaclava's covering their faces.

Checking his face using the knife he finds his balaclava off, putting back his knife he pulls out his handgun.

Pointing at his head he closes his eyes, pulling the trigger a muffled bang reverberates across the area...

[Room 8, Inn]
[05:13;41 - 499]

Shooting out of his bed he looks for his equipment and immediately wears it, he experienced another dream and he does not want to dwell on it.

Removing the traps set yesterday, he moves to the receptionist and left the Inn. The sun was already rising when he exited.

Walking to the Guild he finds it just opening, "Come on, lets go we gotta be the first people here!" A girl tells her buddies who were opening the door.

Rushing in they immediately went to the back room behind the reception, a lead girl reaches a book and signs her name on it.

"YES!" The girl shouts out while her buddies rush to the book signing their respective names.

"Come on lets open up before madam Felix arrives here," A man tells the group of Guild workers.

Josh who just entered was greeted by the lights of the guild being turned on, receptionists preparing their counters, cleaners cleaning the lobby, and Merchants that work for the guild setting their places.

Approaching a counter he was greeted by the same receptionist yesterday, "Good morning, how can i help you today?"

"Where do i get some Quests?" He asked.

Pointing at a board with some papers hanging on it the receptionist answers, "There, and bring it to one of the receptionists" and immediately went back to what she was doing prior.