04

🍁 EDMUND 🍁

"Mr. Knight I have an early meeting tomorrow so I can't stay, but I can spare an hour now if you want to talk about something."

"Fine then let's talk now."
We all got settled in the living room.

"Edmund, you are my only son and the future of Knight's Co. So I want to give you your rights. I only have two kids so I was thinking about merging my company with yours and later you can give some share of it of your sister Celine. After all, all this belongs to both of you only."

See how loving, caring, understanding, selfish, mean, arrogant, jerk my dad is.

His company is running into deep losses so I was expecting him to ask for my help, but again he always outstands my expectations. I have seen enough of this cunning world to know all the tricks my dad threw my way. He wants to merge both companies just to suck profits out of mine and to safeguard his daughter's future.

"Don't worry Mr Knight, I renounce my rights over your company. You have invested lots of time and effort to take the company where it is. I don't want to take it away from your daughter. So I am ready to willingly sacrifice all my rights over any property of yours. I want the best for my stepsister so let her have it all." Dad was shocked and speechless, while I was super contended.

"I will send the papers of my waiver by tomorrow. It's getting late, I'll head out first. Good night everyone."

Mr and Mrs Knight were shell-shocked to see their plan backfired. Not giving them a chance to get their senses back, I quickly got out of there and returned to my place.

After this long, stressful dinner with the fakest people I know, I desperately need some booze in my system. So I called my friend Neil and went to the bar.

Neil is my frenemy. We are enemies in the business and for the world, but in my personal life, he is my best friend and we share a deep bond.

Our companies juggle the top position. Sometimes he beats me and is in first position. Other times my company beats his company.

He is my toughest competitor and my bestest friend. The world finds it hard to believe that two competitors can also be friends so the media and paparazzi framed us as the biggest rivals. Neil and I enjoyed these stupid theories and tales so we never denied it.

In fact, we pretend to treat each other super coldly in every public setting to fuel the rumours.

"Hello, Brother." here comes my annoying friend. Everyone meet Neil Adkins. CEO of Adkins Empire. He is 25 and inherited the Adkins empire 3 years back.

Right now we are in one of his club's private areas.

"Long face and vodka in hand. Let me guess, you are coming from the Knight's mansion." he started the obvious.

"Bingo" I clapped sarcastically.

"So what was it this time?" he asked.

"Nothing that I didn't expect from my daddy dearest." I took a big swig of my vodka and then narrated the whole incident to Neil.

"Oh boy, is that leech for real? But anyway man, I am proud of you. Ed, can you ask your assistant to record that leech's expressions when she drops the waiver documents tomorrow? I'll pay to see his face."

We laughed and ordered another round of shots before retiring for the night.

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

25k is a big amount which I surely can't arrange while doing some part-time jobs. So I convinced my college authorities that I won't be attending classes for these last two months but I'll appear for the exams. The good news is that they agreed.

One thing is sorted. Now I need to look for a well-paying job. Which won't be very easy because I am still not a graduate student.

The two companies where every business graduate like me dreams to work, are either the King's Group or the Adkin's Empire.

They are the two leading companies, which are competitors of each other.

While King's Group was founded and led by Mr King, Adkins has been in business for ages.

Mr King, I don't know his real name as everyone calls him 'King', he is the epitome of success and hard work.

While Mr Neil Adkins got his business pre-established by his grandfather, that young man's perseverance took the company from the 37th position to the 2nd.

I saw Mr Adkins when he was invited by my college as a guest of honour, his speech was so influential that I admired him and like every other girl, I had a tiny crush on him.

Anyways, I know it won't be easy and I should not be too optimistic yet I searched for vacancies for both companies.

Thank God that King's were hiring. I quickly filled out the form and uploaded my resume. Fingers crossed.

It was for the position of the assistant for the management department. Salary is promising. With a side job, I think I'll manage to pay off the debt.

Only if I get the call for the interview.

New sun will shine tomorrow.

With this thought, I kept my laptop aside and went to bed.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

Chapter 3 is done. What do you think?

QOTD: Which is your favourite colour?

Mine is the baby blue colour.