11. Mamma's Pancakes

if you could be anything in the world, what would you be?

Song: 'Cry Baby' by the Neighbourhood

————————————————————————

Lorenzo's POV:

She runs towards me, and I lift my arm into the air, out of her reach. "Lorenzo, hand me that fucking phone or I will hurt you very badly." I laugh. She doesn't even reach past my shoulders, yet she threatens people like she's a 6'7 man.

She glares at me again, and I smirk. "Is that a threat?" She grins, and tries to stand taller. "Did it sound like a compliment?" "Don't tempt me. I'd like to see you try to hurt me." Her face turns sour, as she makes a knuckle with her little hand. I laugh again as she turns red, and suddenly I can't breathe.

I drop to my knees, and clutch at my neck. Air. I need air. I struggle to breathe, and I calm myself as air flows back into my lungs. I wait until I can fully breathe again, and stand up. "I'm going to strangle her." I say calmly, as I turn and run after her.

"ENZO! ENZO GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" Ale yells, as three pairs of footsteps follow me. I run to her door and slam it open, looking around. I check in the closet, in the bathroom, under the bed, but she's not inside.

I go to walk out, but my brothers stop me by standing in the doorway. "Move." I growl, as Marco steps forward. "Enzo, she didn't mean it. Calm down." I laugh bitterly. "Didn't mean it? She stared me straight into my eyes and punched me in my throat. I think she meant it."

I try to push past, but they stop me. "It's not worth it. She's younger than you, remember that. You've lived longer than her, and by the way she reacts, I don't think Rosie made it easy for her. You need to understand that out there, it's a kill or be killed situation, and not everyone is as fortunate as us to grow up with everything."

I calm down, and cross my arms. "Since when did you become such a therapist, Marco?" I tease, as Marco grins. "When the idiots in this family have short fuses."

"Hey, I don't mean to interrupt your weird little therapy session, but shouldn't we look for Angelina? She has your phone, and if that's unlocked she could see everything."

"Shit." Ale whispers. "Shit!" He says, as he runs away, presumably to find Angelina. "Well, how fun. How do you think she'd take it?" Luca asks, as Marco just sighs. "A normal person would be scared, but since Angelina isn't normal-"

"You got that right. Who knows how to wind someone like that?" I question, as Luca shrugs. "I have no idea." I look at him suspiciously, and he looks around and follows after Ale.

"He definitely knows something, he's the closest to Angelina." Marco says, as I nod. "You got that right." "Do you think we should tell father?" I ask, as Marco shakes his head. "No. Angelina's not ready for the truth."

Angelina's POV:

It seems like killing people runs in the family.

I stare in shock at the message, and I reread it over until it's engraved into my brain.

"What the fuck?" I whisper, as I go through his texts.

Unknown

unknown: you have a new target
Lorenzo: send me the details
unknown: done

To be honest, I have killed people as well, but not on purpose! Yes, on purpose. Quiet. Is he a serial killer or an assassin?

"ANGIE!" Luca yells, and I turn the phone off. He flicks the lights on and spots me, and runs over. "There you are!" I dust myself off, and smile.