| 32 |

༊˚ 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

I've attended social gatherings with Taehyung many times but tonight felt different. Way too different for my own liking. My hands were resting in my lap as we were on our way to the venue and the ring that settled on my finger felt lighter compared to the day when Taehyung slid it into my finger. 

And suddenly, I was his wife. 

I remember the day when I took it off and thought I'll never wear it again but I also never thought of things changing between us. I had no idea if it was a good change or bad. When I was getting ready for tonight, Hye-young's words from our last meeting echoed in my brain. The memory was clear. 

“If you feel like he has given you enough reasons to wear the ring then you must wear it because as you said, a wedding band has a deep meaning about the couple's bond.” 

She told me those things only after I told her that I couldn't find any valid reasons for me to wear the ring. However, Taehyung gave me some reasons and I couldn't insult our marriage in front of the public anymore. 

I shift in my seat, darting my gaze away from the ring and stare at the passing city light behind us from the window. I was on my mission to ignore his God-like presence tonight. That color, that outfit and the way he carried himself, it was awfully ethereal. My breath was stuck when I saw him for the first time tonight. 

Taehyung was indeed gorgeous. 

And I hated him for making my body react against my will again. 

The limo halts at one place , causing me to blink my eyes after seeing the crowd outside. Taehyung sighs and he turns to leave when I stop him. “Wait.” He frowned as I stared at him, blinking my eyes, feeling my heart beating faster against my chest. “Why is there so much crowd?” I questioned. “Because it's an award show, my vixen.” He shrugged his shoulders. A sigh worked through my mouth at the thought of countless cameras. 

“We have done this before.” Taehyung reminded me as I nodded my head. He twisted his lips and raised his hand to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. “You'll be fine. I'm right there.” The words settled in my heart, engulfing me in comfort. He gave me a small smile before Taehyung stepped out of the limousine. “It's his award night, y/n. Stupid.” I let out a groan, mentally scolding myself. 

The door of my side was opened by none other than Taehyung. “Let's go.” He offered me his hand and motioned outside. The cheers grew louder as I stepped out, my eyes never leaving his face even for a fraction of a second. A shiver runs down my spine when I feel his hand on the small of my back and suddenly, my nerves calm as an easy going smile appears on my face.