Back Story

Your father was your boxing coach. During a match, things got intense and unfortunate events occurred. You killed your opponent in the ring. Live Tv. You thought you won, a knock out hit. So did the referee. Until after the match. She died right there and no one knew, yet. Cause of death was blunt force trauma... from the medical examiner, he thought if he didn't know how it happened before hand. He would've easily said it was w a weapon that killed her. It was your hands that did the deed. You sat there receiving the news from your father, staring at your hands.

"My.. hands killed her?" You said softly

The room fell silent. For what felt like forever, was realistically a minute at best.

"You're finishing your college courses, take some time and recollect yourself..." your father said tossing you a book bag.

"What?" You question "The match was legal, she signed a contract. You can't just send me away!" You tossed the bag aside, and stood up.

"But I am... your bus to pick you up at the airport in the U.K has been scheduled. Your plane leaves tonight." He walks away.

Leaving you there, drowning in unfamiliar feelings, and abandonment.

"Fine..." you whisper, feeling something warm run down your cheek. A single tear.

You pack your bags, and book an AirBNB. The book bag he tossed you was filled with money. Your mother cried as you left. Your father... emotionless.
Soon enough you've landed in the U.K and headed to your house you rented. It was cozy and already furnished. For the first time, you didn't feel on edge. It was almost what you needed, to be alone. Falling asleep after showering.

Day1

A week later, you're in your first class. You sat all the way in the back. Last row in the corner. Auditorium was nearly full, as people scattered one by one they avoided sitting next to you. Which didn't bother you, you knew you looked dangerous off rip. Cauliflower ear, a scar on your lip and eyebrow. You was slim but a sleeper build. You look 130 Ib useless piece of shit, what's been bullied all their life, realistically you're a 180Ib lean muscle killer machine. Your height concealed it well, a short mere 5'5. The professor starts his lecture, and about 40 minutes in, another person walks in.

"You're late..." the professor says before continuing his lecture.

You kept your eye on him as he tried to find a seat. An extremely large, and tall man. He kept his eyes down. Before you knew it, he sat in the back. In the same row, in the other corner. Your eyes met forth a fraction of a second, he looked away and sat down.

"Interesting" you thought. You was sure that if he saw you, he would move his seat like the others. The lecture continued and when it ended, he was one of the first to leave. Well he attempted before the professor called him back. You slowly made your way to the front, catching a better glimpse of him. His hair was a mess, like he just woke up. Ragged clothes but he still made it look good. He was built too. You wonder what he does for work, if he did.

A year later

Finishing up the year, you been selected as one of the top 3 in the class. You'd only have to complete some extra classes. Before graduating the professor gave you some free time to complete said classes at home. You called your father to relay the news.

"Hi honey, how's college?" Your mother answered.

"Hi mom, I'm graduating soon." You say softly as you walk over to your car. "Where's dad?"

Your mother stood silent on the phone, you could hear him in the background... coaching another person...

"Oh..." you said slamming the car door as you settled inside "he replaced me."