44. Battle Lines (Pt. 2)

Disabling

[3rd POV]

The seven campers rise up on the feeding platform.

The first thing they see are three stats in the air, one each for the Spinosaurus, T-Rex, and the two raptors.

"What's going on?" Y/N frowns in worry at the fake sky

We hear a roar in the distance.

"It's started." Sammy mutters.

Three heartless investors beep their controllers, and four helpless dinosaurs growl.

The two raptors start to attack the Spinosaurus, and the T-Rex joins in.
They all make painful sounds.

"We need to hurry." Brooklyn says. "Split up, and be careful."

Ben immediately grabs Y/N's hand, and they run to one side, a power cell in the girl's hand.

Yasmina and Sammy go another direction. They're also holding a power cell.

Caleb, Darius, and Brooklyn stay behind the bush, spying. Caleb tightens his grip on the last power cell, just to be sure.

"There's Kenji!" Brooklyn hisses and points at her [maybe?] boyfriend. Her face drops at the sight. "He's just watching."

"We gotta move!" Darius calls out.

All of the campers just group together instead, and start to run into the center of the fight.

"Stop!" Y/N cries.

"Put down the controllers!" Ben yells.

"We're gonna disable the control chips!" Darius orders the others as the leader of the pack.

" 'Disable the chips' ? How did they even...?" Mr. Kon trails off in wonder.
Then he realizes, and his grip on the tablet goes rigid. "Mae." He growls.

Cyrus glares. "Hey, Kon, get these kids out of here!" Or better yet, I will." He adds the last part in an ominous whisper, planning horrible things in his mind's eye.

"I told them to stay out of this." Kenji says to his dad, as Mr. Kon tinkers with the tablet.

"Your so-called friends are going to ruin everything!" Kon yells in anger.

Kenji glares in determination. "No, they won't." He runs off.

"My son's not to be harmed!" Mr. Kon warns the investors, but they ignore him.

[Mae POV]

I rummage around a box for more power cells, and hurriedly rush out the door.

But before I am able to get out, I meet some BRAD-Xs.

[3rd POV]

Big Eatie roars at Brooklyn, Darius and Caleb.

"Trust me, you're gonna wanna get out of here!" The blonde haired boy warns the black investor.