4

I locked the door of my house as I got out, going for the job hunt

I locked the door of my house as I got out, going for the job hunt. I need to go to the cafe at evening so I am sure I won't be late.

I looked here and there to see if any posters say there is a need of a worker or anything. I sighed as there were none in the sight where I lived.

I went to the bus station, waiting for the bus to take me to the city. As I sat on the bench, I saw a man sticking up some posters on the walls. I got excited and stood up fast to see if its something that might help me.

I was disappointed once I read the poster "SALE! SALE! SALE!" sigh, nothing that can help me. I smiled nervously at the man who was putting up the posters and so did he.

"Um sir, I'd like to ask you a question.." I said. He looked at me and smiled "Ofcourse! What is it young lady?" Ah, thank God he doesn't seem rude.

"Well do you know of any places that are in need of a worker?" I smiled nervously again "Actually I need some work.." He shrugged "Not really, I don't know but don't lose hope, you should go to the city and search"

I nodded "Ah, I am so sorry for bothering you! Thankyou for the help!" He just smiled back and continued working.

I saw the bus approaching the bus station so I ran quickly towards the bus and got on it. I sat on an empty seat on the window side. I really hope I find some job today, it's getting hard to survive.

I closed my eyes and waited for the bus to stop on the next bus station.

-

A jerk made me open my eyes and I saw passengers getting off the bus. I looked out and saw we were finally at the stop where I wanted to get off.

I got off the bus and walked towards different cafes, shops, supermarkets to see if they needed some workers.

Many of the places needed workers but the salary was less than the salary I get in the cafe where I work.

I was left hopeless as I sat on a bench in a park, drinking some cold coffee. Did I waste my money and my time by coming here?

Just as I was wondering so, a pamplet caught my eyes, there wasn't just one but so many such pamplets on the wall. I frowned looking at it. What was this? I took it in my hand to see what was written on the pamplet.

A maid is needed for the Takahashi family (address xyz) with minimum salary $10000. If the maid is trusted by the family and proves to be hardworking and honest, the salary will be increased. The salary is negotiable. If you are interested, please visit the Takahashi Mansion at 3:30 pm this evening, Tuesday.

I opened my phone quickly and checked the time and the date and it was accurate. My eyes lit up with hope and I couldn't speak because of the amount of the money written on the pamplet.

Am I dreaming? Are they really paying a maid $10000 a month and the salary will increase??? No, you got to be kidding me! I hope this isn't another sick prank teenagers or some youtubers pull these days.