Chapter 1: Him

Damn I seriously can't seem to get out of here. Seriously, I was about to give up on this night.

I had opened my eyes just to realize I was left in the dark in between books: a library. Tonight, it should have been different. I had hoped for a different evening – maybe some rest or tackling my backlog of homework. But fate had other ideas.

With no internet and all exits sealed shut, I resigned myself to the unexpected solitude. Amidst the maze of bookshelves, a thought struck me: I had time to read, a luxury rarely afforded in my hectic life of school and basketball. I always thought my life had more to offer than just that.

As I was coming down the stairs one last time, I found myself struck. Struck by her. Beautiful sandy brown hair with sunlit blonde touches splattered on the desk, curls framing the picture, lying on top of the only desk light. Books splattered around her, opened, highlighted in purple. Glasses on the side of her arm, resting to be put on that peaceful face.

She was beautiful and I couldn't let her stay here alone, so I decided to do the only gentleman thing I could think of doing at the moment. I sat next to her, hoping she'd wake up, but she wouldn't. I was admiring her sleep. I was being a creep, but I was admiring the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. Ten minutes passed by, and my eyes moved to the side of her arm: a paper.

"Julie Ron
Female writers in 18th to 19th century England: Hiding behind creation"...

Julie, Juliette, maybe, she reminded me of Romeo and Juliette by Shakespeare.
I could have waited for her to wake up, but it seemed like forever, and my curiosity struck.
I picked up her paper and decided to drive into her words.

Her writing was so captivating. Pulling me in. Nobody had been able to do that in a while.