Chapter 16: Julie

As we delved deeper into sharing stories and poetry, the first light of dawn peeked through the window, illuminating the books around us.

"Wow, it's already morning!" I exclaimed, my voice tinged with surprise.

The sky outside transformed, painted with hues of pink and gold, prompting us to reluctantly acknowledge the passage of time. The spell of the night slowly dissipated, leaving behind a bittersweet longing for the moments we had shared.

"Yeah," Will echoed, his voice tinged with a hint of melancholy, mirroring my sentiment. We both felt a pang of sadness as the enchantment of our time together began to fade with the approaching daylight.

But amidst the wistful atmosphere, Will's voice pierced through the silence, breaking the contemplative spell. His words carried a sincerity that touched my heart.

"Promise me one thing?" he implored, his eyes reflecting a genuine hope. "I know we've just met, but I hope we can still be friends once we get out of here. I really liked being stuck in this library with you."

His request struck a chord within me, melting away any reservations I may have had. In that moment, I realized that our connection, forged through shared stories and poetry, transcended the confines of the library walls.

A warm smile graced my lips as I met Will's gaze. "Of course! I promise," I replied earnestly, my voice carrying the weight of conviction. "No matter where life takes us, I'll cherish the memories we've made here and the friendship we've found." In that tender moment, our eyes locked in a silent exchange of understanding and affection. The connection we had forged in the depths of the night seemed to pull us closer, drawing us into each other's orbit with an irresistible force.

"I really want to kiss you, Julia," Will confessed, his voice laced with a mixture of longing and uncertainty.

Night At The Library (Lost Souls #1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें