𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎:

Bloody hell

Bloody hell.

Sometimes, I wish I was a wizard so I could perform incendio and set the white, printed paper pinned to the bulletin board on fire.

Yeah, that was a Harry Potter reference.

I stared at the bulletin board in disbelief, My name being second on the list.

AGAIN.

And I lost the first rank by a simple point five grade?

AGAIN.

God, didn't I promise I would stop- okay, not stop but reduce my obsession with Harry Potter if you placed me first on the mid-terms?

Forget it, I checked my name again, sighed in frustration and bypassed the students in the hallway and beelined towards my locker.

This is Riverston High school, one of the most prestigious and elite high schools in the country, known for its tough academics and highest rate of students acing the SATs and ACTs.

It's still early, and class begins in exactly five minutes.

I started rearranging my locker and was grabbing the books which I need for class.

"Good morning, Evans." A familiar masculine voice greeted me from beside my ear.

I don't need to look at who it is.

I shut my locker with some extra force than necessary, and turned around to face the bane of my existence.

Ian Walker, aka, the most annoying person to walk on the face of this earth.

No pun intended.

He's an arrogant asshole who thinks he can do whatever he wants.

He stood smirking, leaning on the locker with a bag sling on his one shoulder, running a hand through his tousled, brown hair, light freckles dotting his nose and cheeks, his chocolate brown eyes fixed on me.

He's the freakin' dementor in my life.

Dementors suck your peace and happiness, right? He shares similar traits with them.

"What do you want now?" I asked, my tone filled with spite as I glared at him.

He let out a low chuckle after seeing me and flashed his cocky-ass grin.

"Salty much, Evans?" He leaned closer to me, obviously making fun of our height difference. "Well, admit it, you can never beat me." He added with a hint of smugness in his tone.

Life has been hell ever since this devil's incarnate entered and disrupted my peaceful life.

My grip on the books tightened, I wanted to punch his perfect nose and permanently ruin its structure.

"Keep dreaming, I'll beat you next time, for sure, and you are going down." I threatened him as I mimed a knife to my throat, but this bastard chuckled in amusement instead.

"You've been saying the exact same thing since the beginning of high school. Well, whatever helps you sleep at night." His sarcasm didn't fail to strike a nerve, or two.

"Fuck off." My eye twitched, and I'm pretty sure my annoyance is well expressed on my face as his smirk becomes more evident.

"Relax, Evans," he continued,"You win some, you lose some, except for me. I always win."

The exact same words I've been listening to since the past few years, none other than from Ian Freaking Walker.

"Walker, Eres un pendejo. Aléjate de mí."

I cursed him out as heat lashed through me and I had this sudden urge to strangle him with my bare hands. Instead, I shoved my shoulder forcefully against him, not giving him a second glance as I walked away to my class.

I could hear him chuckle in amusement behind me, but I paid him no attention.

Thoughts of punching him square in the jaw and wiping off that smirk from his face really sound like a great idea right now.

Uy, qué care chimba.

----------

"Walker, Eres un pendejo. Aléjate de mí." - Walker, you're an asshole, get away from me.

Uy, qué care chimba - Ugh, what a dickhead.