50. Out of the Pack (Pt. 2)

Realizing

[3rd POV]

"Come on. Faster, Brooklyn." The girl urges herself to speed up in the process of unlocking the password. She groans as the screen beeps red again.

Ben and Darius burst into the room, panting hard and leaning on the door. "Did you do it?"

"I'm close, I think."

The BRAD-Xs try to open the door, but the two boys push on it back. "We gotta figure something out. There's no other way out of here."

The doors bang open, flinging Darius and Ben back as the red-eyed BRAD-Xs surge into the room. The two boys scurry back.

"Unauthorized life forms detected."

They open their mouths to shoot, but Brooklyn keeps her head level. She taps one of the keys on the board, and the bots power down. The three of them sigh I'm relief.

Unbeknownst to them, all the other BRAD-Xs and BRADs on the island also power down. Y/N and Yaz look at them with confusion and disappointment; they wanted to destroy.

"How did you...?" Darius trails off, his jaw on the ground.

"Once I figured out Kash's password, I realized destroying the chip specs wasn't the only thing I could do." Brooklyn brightly explains.

"Nighty-night, BRADs." She smirks.

Ben chuckles appreciatively. "Brooklyn, you're a genius."

" 'A genius' would've figured out his password was written under his keyboard the whole time." The vlogger smothers a snort of laughter.

She then turns around, dropping into the seat, and resuming her keyboard-clacking. "Now that I'm in, I can also change the password."

"That means...?" Darius cocks his eyebrow at her.

Brooklyn looks at him with a smug grin. "That means the Kons will be locked out of the system. No control, no chips. No nothing."

"Sweet."

"Nice."

The three friends walk out of the room, but not before Ben sticks out his tongue and crosses his eyes at the powered-off BRAD-X in a silly motion.

"I've always wanted to do that." He chuckles to himself before catching up to B and D.

The computer beeps behind them, a red dot appearing, and they don't notice or hear it.

Meanwhile, Kenji is walking through the jungle with his dad, Dodgson, Hawkes, and his two twin goons.

(leaves rustling)

Hawkes signals for Kon, Kenji, and Mr. I-Have-No-Patience to duck down while he and the twins scan the area with their guns.

Dodgson's hand grazes against the metal thing on the ground, and he unearths it, smiling as he reveals the tool. "I really could've used this 25 years ago."

And just at that moment, a [lovely] Dilophosaurus pops out of the bush and spits venom at the white-haired man from BioSyn. He dodges it as more Dilophosauruses come out of the brush.

"Move!" Hawkes yells, grabbing Dodgson's arm and pulling him up. The both of them run a distance before the Dilophosauruses reach them again.

Hawkes tries to shoot, but his gun is out of ammo. A Dilophosaurus leaps onto him, and they struggle.

Dodgson staggers away from them in fear and cowardice, running back into the thick greenery. He hides behind a tree, not noticing the Dilophosaurus creeping up behind him. It hisses, alerting the man.