51. The Leap (Pt. 1)

The Watering Hole 2.0

[Y/N POV]

"We could make disguises for all the dinosaurs." Ben suggests.

Darius is sprawled on the couch with his legs over the back. "Okay, I said no idea is a bad idea but..."

"But this is even worse." I nudge Ben with a pointed look. He sighs.

Sammy, Caleb, and Yasmina laugh as they come out of the kitchen with mugs in their hands.

"Uh-oh. Ben and Darius have their serious thinking faces on." Yaz teases.

I chuckle, my eyes still glued to one of the magazines I'd taken from under Mae's sofa. "It's tiring when they're like this."

Brooklyn beams in delight, showing her white sneakers off to me. "I can't believe I finally got these babies clean!"

I glance at my grimy ones and frown. "I think I need to take classes from you, Brooklyn."

"Um, your shoes look exactly like they did before." Ben points out.

Brooklyn and I simultaneously scoff.

"I can tell they're cleaner." Sammy gloats, handing Brooklyn a mug.

We all take out places around the small lounge table in Mae's cave-house.

"So, what were you thinking about?" Brooklyn asks the two boys.

"We might have destroyed Mr. Kon's way to make dino control chips, but he's always one step ahead of us," Darius says. "We need a way to protect them from whatever he's got up his sleeve."

"But, apparently, disguises are off the table." Ben grumbles.

"Can't imagine why." Yasmina sarcastically comments. Caleb leans over and gives her a high-five.

"This is so nice. All of us warm and cozy, sharing a cup of cocoa together." Sammy beams.

My shoulders sag a little. But we're still missing one of us.

"Too bad we can't do this for the dinos." Caleb says. "It'd be a lot easier to keep them safe if they were all snuggled in one place."

"Yeah..." I frown in thought.

•·•

"What's the one place in Nublar where all the dinosaurs get along?" I ask the others as we walk by the waterfall.

While waiting for their answer, I brush my fingers along the flow of water, and softly smile at the cold.

Nature. I love nature.

"The Watering Hole!" Darius snaps his fingers in realization.

"Exactly." I grin, as if schooling my peers. Okay, that's a bit weird, because usually Darius is doing that, but yeah.

"That's a great idea, Y/N." Sammy gives me two thumbs up's.

"Is there enough water, though?" Yaz says.

"That would be the problem," I say.

"What if we fill buckets with water?" Caleb suggests.

"Maybe we can distract the dinos with food instead?" Brooklyn says.

"One word, 'disguises' " Ben says. I roll my eyes fondly.