25

💮 AUTHOR'S 💮

Both the siblings were excited to celebrate their birthday together after 13 long years. It was around 10 at night when Ava was done with her gift and came to the living room where Ed was watching a match. She sat beside him and gave him a bag.

"Don't open it yet, I want you to wear it for cake cutting. "

"Okay. Ava I have to go to a charity event on Sunday, will you come with me? If not as a sister then as an assistant."

"Fine but you'll have to take me shopping first, I don't have a formal dress."

"We can go on Sunday morning, the event is in the evening."

"Okay, now I'll go and do the decorations while you get my cake ready Mr."

"Aye Aye Captain."

They both got to their work, it was their ritual to cut the cake together at 12. Even when they were apart, they managed to cut the cake exactly at 12 every year in remembrance of each other.

It was 11.30 and both of them were done with their work. They quickly took a shower and changed into the clothes Ava bought for them.

Ed was expecting it to be a matching sweatshirt set but he was in for a shock.

He went looking for Ava who was in her room.

"Miss Ava Raine, you expect me to wear this thing?" He half yelled.

"Of course you dumdum, that's why I spent my hard-earned money on them. Look I am wearing the same."

"You are looking cute but I will look hideous in this. Please can I wear something normal?" He pleaded.

"Fine wear whatever you want, if you don't appreciate the gift I picked for you." She said with an angry-sad pout.

"Fine, I'll wear this only, don't be upset. I'll be ready in ten, wait for me in the living room." She gave him a wide smile and left for the living room.

Who would have imagined the cool ignorant CEO of Kings Group dressed in a onesie? That too not any onesie but a bright green frog onesie.

What all a brother has to go through for the sister dearest.

He didn't even want to look in the mirror so he directly went to the living room.

"Ohh my God, Ed, you are looking so cute just like a frog Prince."

"Don't call me cute or I'll change this instant and for your kind information, I am a King, not any prince."

"Ok fine, I won't call you cute but can I call you adorable."

"Ava I swear I'll strangle you."

Before Ava could tease him more, the alarm on her phone rang, indicating that it was already 11.55. Five more minutes for their birthday.