𝟷𝟼| 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕

I returned back to school, feeling refreshed and in a good mood

I returned back to school, feeling refreshed and in a good mood. I rearranged my locker while humming, when suddenly ‘Jenna!’ was practically yelled in my ear.

I winced, rubbing my ear,”Addy! You gotta stop doing that, for God's sake.”

Addy chuckled in response,”I told you old habits die hard. Besides, it helps in warming up my throat.”

I closed my locker, heaving a huge sigh and facing Addy.

“By the way, Jen! There's a basketball game coming up soon! I'm sure you already heard of it but we should go!” Addy grabbed my hands and had such a wide smile on her face, it was too bright for my eyes.

“You can't be serious, right?” I chuckled awkwardly, I actually have never been to one of these games before.

“I'm dead serious! And you are coming with me! For now, let's go to the restroom, I need to fix my makeup.” Addy started dragging me to the restroom, while I was thinking whether it was a good idea to go or not.

Okay, it's my last year of high school and going to one game wouldn't actually hurt, I can sacrifice one night of sleep to catch up on the syllabus.

I was scrolling through my Instagram and looking at some Harry Potter memes peacefully, while Addy was re-applying her lip gloss in front of the mirror.

“What if Ian doesn't accept my confession?” A small voice was heard ahead of me.

My ears perked up, and my curiosity skyrocketed. I peeked up from my phone and noticed it's one of the popular girls, Katie Wilson, She's the cheerleading captain. She's one of the popular girls that's famous among the guys as well.

But I've never truly liked her, at all.

They didn't notice me and Addy as they were engrossed in their own world.

“Girl, don't overthink. Ian's a great guy, I'm sure he will regret not dating you earlier.” Her friend said with so much confidence, I almost believed it myself.

“You're right, I'm Katie. No guy in his right mind will reject me.” Katie flipped her hair, and gave a confident smile to which I rolled my eyes.

They both exited the restroom, when Addy suddenly scoffed, and shook her head,“Good luck to her.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, while switching off my phone.

“I just pity her because Ian Walker has rejected every girl that has asked him out in these years,”Addy continued, as if this was common knowledge,”The whole school knows about this, yet they pull idiotic stunts.”

My eyes widened, as my mind was slowly connecting the dots. I've never ever seen Ian hang out with a girl before, nor have seen him talk about having a girlfriend. But sometimes he does brag about how girls all fall for him and swoon over him.