𝟷𝟽| 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢

It was game day

It was game day.

Me and Addy arrived just on time.

I'm reminded of how much I love autumn. There aren't many days left till winter takes over. The air is crisp and the weather is chilly, with a cool breeze that's ruffling my hair. It was a hazy day with grey skies and gloomy clouds. As we were walking past the concession stands, the smell of popcorn was invading my senses, and a sweet, tangible scent mixed with other scents was actually tempting me now.

Addy looked like she came out of a runaway, with her blonde hair mixed with pink hues, pink leather jacket and black leather skirt paired with fishnet stockings and Dr.Martens.

Qué bonita, she's going all-out.

While I had a more laid-back outfit, wearing a white cashmere sweater and faded blue jeans, with my favourite blue converse, of course.

We were on our way when Addy stopped walking which caused me to halt as well.

“What?”

“Nothing, Jen! They're selling churros! I'll be quick, go save a seat for us!” Addy, with her pink headphones resting on her neck, pushed me in the entrance of the indoor arena and scurried off to the stands.

I shook my head and continued walking, noticing everyone was bundled up in warm jackets, caps, and scarves, creating a homey and cozy atmosphere.

Theo and Emily were at the ticket booth, distributing tickets to the ones who were attending. Theo was fully immersed, a chequebook in his hand, while Emily waved at me with a shy smile when she noticed me. I returned the gesture and gave a thumbs up as well.

I couldn't help but break out into a smile, now I'm blaming my younger self for being so stupid. She was only interested in Quidditch, and always found excuses to skip these types of stuff.

I made my way through the bleachers, and saved a seat for Addy. I looked around and noticed our side filled with azure and white banners, our school's representative colour.

The cheerleaders were doing their routine and the mascots were entertaining the people on the sidelines.

“I'm back!” Addy bit on a churros as she returned back with two buckets of popcorn, churros and two Dr.peppers.

How the hell did she even manage to carry all of that stuff in one go?

I quickly took the popcorn from her as she made herself comfortable, munching on another churros.

“This is awesome, isn't it?” Her voice came out muffled because she was talking while eating.

“Yeah, I actually kind of regret not listening to you when you used to force me to go with you.” I admitted it honestly.

“Told ya!” Addy wiped her greasy fingers on me, as I smacked her hand away.

“Whatever.” I shrugged and glanced across the arena, hoping to see a particular someone.