𝟷𝟾| 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕

I'm gonna be sick

I'm gonna be sick.

The crowd is chanting ‘kiss! kiss! kiss!’, making me feel like I'll empty my stomach's contents. The guy beside me is waiting in anticipation, he looks like he will do more than just kiss me, a hungry look already present on his face. I unknowingly scooted closer to Addy.

“Jen, breathe. It's just a kiss, get it over with.” Addy patted my back and was doing a pretty bad job at encouraging me right now.

To Addy, it was just a kiss because she kissed tons of guys before. But me? I haven't kissed anyone before! No one wants their first kiss to be with a stranger!

There was a safe distance between us before the guy started moving in closer, I froze, still as a statue, fear paralysing me.

Oh no, oh no. Think, Jenna, think!

My eyes darted to the half-empty bucket of popcorn beside me, I hesitatingly grabbed a bunch in my hand and shoved in his mouth while simultaneously, a sudden force yanked him away from me.

The anxiety clouding my mind cleared up a little, making me notice my surroundings. I noticed Ian in front of me, settling in between me and the guy.

What the fuck? Wasn't he in the arena a few moments ago? What was he doing here?

I felt a wave of dark aura radiating from him, sending shivers down my spine before he masked it away with a bright and innocent smile, turning the guy towards him and whispering something in his ear.

I couldn't help but feel grateful for his interruption.

The guy looked at me with a sudden look of fear, apologised to me incoherently and shifted to another seat, making me frown in confusion.

“Wouldn't you all like a kiss from me instead?” Ian blew a flying kiss to the camera which focused on him now, diffusing the situation and the crowd went wild. I felt like I would lose my hearing by the end of this.

There were girls starting to crowd him, he swiftly dodged them all and disappeared back to the sidelines in no time because the time-out was almost over.

“What the fuck just happened?” I whispered to myself, feeling the aftereffects of the situation, wiping my sweaty hands on my pants.

That was a close call.

I rubbed my palms across my arms, feeling a bit cold, cursing myself for not wearing an even warmer jacket.

Shit just got interesting.” Addy gave me a sly wink, stuffing her mouth with popcorn.

Before I could ask about what she meant, the match resumed, making me forget momentarily about what just happened here.

***

“This is intense! It's the second overtime and yet the spirit is still strong in both the teams!” The commenter yelled into the mic, making me grimace again.