𝟸𝟸| 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐

“This is way too expensive, absolutely not

“This is way too expensive, absolutely not.” after counting the number of zeroes present in the price tags, I'd have to cut off my arm and leg to purchase them.

“My dad got it covered, Jen.” Addy reassured, flashing the black Amex card.

“Are you sure?” I asked, my voice tinged with disbelief.

Addy nodded,”Jen, you only live once. And you do have to look ravishing for your lover boy, right?” Addy whispered the last sentence which immediately made me smack her on the head.

“Ouch! That hurts, Jen!” Addy exclaimed, rubbing her head.

“You deserve it.”

“And you deserve.....” Addy trailed off, not completing her sentence and scurrying off to try on the dress.

I have a feeling she was about to say something which would make me smack her head again.

Currently, We are in this high-end boutique shopping for homecoming. Addy dragged me here straight after school, rambling about how there's only one day left and we should buy our dresses together since it's our last homecoming.

***

“I'm gonna die, and turn into a pile of ashes and bones by the time you're done choosing.” I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

“I can't seem to decide between the pink dress and the black dress.” Addy answered, wearing the pink dress and holding the black one.

I pondered for a moment, we aren't going to a funeral so I definitely won't say black, even if it's her favourite colour, alongside pink.

“This one.” I pointed to the hot pink dress Addy's currently wearing, which has an A-line neck, off-shoulder and has a layer of tulle at the bottom, perfectly showcasing Addy's gorgeous figure and most of all, her shiny, beautiful blonde hair with her pink highlights, which look freshly dyed.

“I agree! That was my choice as well!” Addy squealed and pulled me into one of her infamous bear hugs.

I shook my head and held back a smile, adoring her enthusiastic self.

I glanced around the boutique again, rows and rows of colourful dresses and gowns being hung up on racks and I still can't seem to choose a dress.

Probably because of seeing how uncomfortable the dresses are, definitely not my thing.

“Is everything alright, ladies?” A beautiful lady, who might be a worker here, approached us with a welcoming smile.

I exchanged glances with Addy, who nodded at me once before speaking up.”Actually, my friend here is having a bit of trouble finding a suitable dress, we would appreciate your help.” Addy said in a polite manner.

Her offer put me at ease, and I added,”I'm looking for something comfortable yet elegant, if that makes sense.”

The lady gave me a friendly smile,” Yes, it does. I'll be more than happy to help you.”