𝟸𝟺| "𝙴𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚜?"

"Man, Jenna

"Man, Jenna. I can't believe you're a senior now." Our old Alumni, Henry, who was in town this week decided to attend our homecoming this year.

He graduated with top honours and was the student council president of his time as well. I might have had a crush on him in my sophomore year but I realised now it was just admiration.

"I know right." I shyly admitted, feeling a bit nervous as I glanced at my bracelet.

"I agree! I missed you and Ian, especially. You guys were very entertaining!" Henry's girlfriend, Raini chirped,"Speaking of, have you seen Ian? I haven't seen him around since the homecoming started."

She's right. The homecoming started an hour ago. Every student had beautiful dresses, and suits. each of different colours and designs, they really embodied the theme.

Were we really that famous? First my classmates, now my alumnis as well. I haven't seen him around as well, didn't he say he was coming? Perhaps, I was misinformed?

Why do I care? I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing charades with the devil.

"No, I'm afraid I haven't either." I chose to give a simple reply instead of a tangent about how nothing has changed much either, and we still bicker and argue a lot.

"Prez! We need your help! Over here!" I heard Sophie's voice from somewhere across the room.

I let out a deep breath, knowing what is about to come.

This is definitely going to be a long night.

Henry and Raini glanced at me, their eyes filled with pity, but what can I say?

"Duty calls, have fun." I briefly said before leaving to where Sophie was standing next to a loosened banner which was clearly the work of some notorious students.

I sighed again, rubbing my forehead.

Be the president, they said. It will be fun, they said.

***

"There you are!" Addy called out when I returned after fixing whatever mess was created in the hallway,"Let's dance the night away!" She grabbed my hand and hauled me to the dance floor.

We were surrounded by our classmates, some alumnis, and juniors, and I must admit all of them got some pretty good moves.

"Jenna! Let's dance!" One of the juniors offered a hand to which I shook my head.

"I'm good, have fun!" I declined to join, because I clearly can't dance.

Even if I did take dancing lessons as a kid, I still haven't danced in years. Playing 'Just Dance' with Addy doesn't count, at all.

Addy was singing along to the high, upbeat music and was living in the moment, dancing and feeling herself.

I glanced around the room in search of a particular someone, but no result.