𝟸𝟽| 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊

"Alright class, today we will be talking about college applications and scholarships

"Alright class, today we will be talking about college applications and scholarships. You can work on your college application essay, and even ask the school guidance counsellor or your teachers for help and recommendations. I know there's still a few months left, but the school likes to apply for the forms early."

The headache from earlier decided to make its grand entrance again. What a great timing, it didn't occur when I was writing the maths test, but it has decided to bother me now.

Perfecta, solo perfecta.

I leaned back in my chair, my mind flooding with thoughts about life after school. As this was my final year, the pressure to make the right decision weighed heavily on me.

Law always had my best interests, specifically, criminal law. On the other hand, there was medicine, a field my mom is expecting me to join.

Don't get me wrong, I love science. But I'll agree, it honestly isn't my best suit.

Law has always had my full attention. Something about having a hand in putting the bad guys behind bars, makes me feel good that the offender will get the punishment for the crime they did, and also seeking out justice for the citizens. Plus, I can learn about different areas of the law and develop some pretty good skills as well.

I did read an article somewhere about how Criminal law varies according to jurisdiction, and differs from civil law, where emphasis is more on dispute resolution and victim compensation, rather than on punishment or rehabilitation.

I'm definitely not on the civil side for sure.

I sighed in exasperation. I can't help but feel torn between my interests and my mom's interests. Knowing about how my decision will only make one of us happy is making me feel nauseous.

I can understand mom's decision for me, as she was an immigrant, she fought tooth and nail to get where she is today, She wouldn't want me to struggle like her.

"You all are free to search about the colleges you are interested in, and if there are any scholarships coming with it, now get to work."

I groaned before I rested my head between my arms. Frustration started to creep up on me, mixed with the throbbing of the headache making me feel like my head will split into two.

"Estoy jodido," I cursed under my breath, distressed about my dilemma.

Suddenly, I felt a gentle hand brushing my hair away from my face. I looked up to see Ian.

"Fuck off, Walker." I snapped, my tone filled with irritation.

He held up his hands in mock defense, caught off-guard by my hostility.

Okay, that was- I crossed the limit. Instant regret filled inside me, He didn't actually do anything to me, and I feel terrible.

"Sorry," I apologised softly, audible enough for him to hear.