𝟸𝟾| "𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍?"

Theo: Let's schedule the meeting as soon as possible then

Emily: Roger that. I can't believe we are really going on a school retreat.

Sophie: You guys are lucky! Just make sure you don't turn into a popsicle when you guys return.

Mark: Yup! I'd hate for our Ice Princess to use her powers and freeze everyone to death.

Emily: Don't say that about our Prez! What if she actually decides to turn you into ice first?

Mark: *sends Zipper-Mouth emojis*

Lastly, I replied with a simple thumbs-up, and pocketed my phone in my blazer pocket.

Soon, after leaving the principal's office, I messaged the student council's group chat. There was only one member who hadn't read our group chat, and it was none other than our infamous vice president.

I should really stop having expectations for her.

***

I was speed walking to the library in a haste, my heart pounding in anticipation. I couldn't help but feel a little self-conscious of my messy hair, which I tried to fix on my way here. Overall, it was a useless attempt so I'll just forget about looking presentable.

As I reached closer to the library, I saw Katie, our impractical Vice President, conversing with Ian. It was obvious she was attempting to flirt with him, considering how two buttons of her shirt were unbuttoned, she was twirling a strand of her hair around her fingers, taking a step too close to Ian.

Upon seeing the scene in front of me, I felt a strange, burning sensation inside of me.

My fists unknowingly clenched and I had this urge to jam my fist in Katie's face.

Ian had an awkward and uncomfortable expression on his face, I doubt he was even listening to her but Katie was too oblivious to notice it.

Really? Can't she take a hint?

I didn't think twice as I stepped forward and coughed intentionally,"Excuse me, you're blocking the way.” I politely interrupted them, masking any signs of unease seeing them together, and didn't look back as I walked inside the library.

As I entered inside, I sighed in confusion, I've never felt something as strange as this burning sensation before.

I rested my back against a bookshelf, my eyes darting around at the gigantic shelves of books as I kept my emotions in check.

My lips formed into a soft smile, as I started walking forward, running my fingers through the spines of the books, feeling a little better.

There's really nothing better than the earthy smell of books.

I've always loved reading books. Through reading, I can experience realms that don't exist, connect and relate with characters that don't exist, and most of all, escape reality even if for a certain amount of time.