𝟸𝟿| 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

"They can't go to the beach in this weather, it will be december soon, you stinky rat!" Sophie grumbled to Mark, who both were currently in a heated argument with Mark suggesting for us to go to the beach while Sophie was against it

Kind of feels like deja vu.

"Guys, guys stop," Poor Emily was caught in the whirlwind of it, she was trying hard to diffuse the situation, while Theo was fixing his glasses and gave a resigned sigh like he was used to it.

"Oh please, like your opinion even matters." Mark retorted, sticking his tongue out.

"Enough." I spoke up. Having had enough of their bickering for the past few minutes, both of them stopped and sat back in their respective seats.

"Let's rewind. Theo, if you mind." I requested Theo to once again speak about the potential retreat locations.

Theo nodded as he stood up, and started opening a picture on his laptop, which was placed in his hand.

"Okay, so first up, we have the beach which Mark suggested and it obviously isn't an option, so let's take that off the list." Theo said bluntly, with no mercy while Mark crossed his arms, faking a hurt expression.

I mean, he's right. Going to the beach in cold weather isn't very ideal for a retreat.

"Then the next one, Emily suggested we go to a National Park, which I think is a fun activity but it isn't quite enough to be described as 'retreat'. Do you agree, Prez?" He was relatively softer with Emily than with Mark, the corners of his mouth twitching to suppress a smile.

"Yes, I do."

That's right as well, it would be great for observing but doesn't really give the time to bond with nature and create new memories with friends, so pass.

"Okay, last one, me and Sophie coincidentally, decided on a lakeside location, which is a solid three hour drive from New Jersey." Theo paused, taking a breath before continuing,"It's a camping site, also has some sightseeing spots, and is very beautiful and picture-worthy as well." Theo explained as he swiped through photos on the slideshow.

I didn't take my eyes off the screen as it looked very serene and peaceful as well, perfect for relaxation.

Finalising my decision, I stood up from my seat,"Sorry, guys. But I think the lakeside is the best for relaxation, do you guys agree?"

They all exchanged looks with each other, communicating through eyes for a second.

"Yeah!" Emily was the first one to say, followed by the rest.

"Great!" I smiled, fully satisfied with our decision.

***

"Jen, Are you sure you don't wanna hang out at JJ's?" Addy asked on facetime, while I was busy typing away my college application on my laptop, which was adorned with Harry Potter stickers.