𝟹𝟷| 𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎, 𝙽𝚘

1 year ago

1 year ago

“Hey, Jenna?” Nadiya, Our student council president in Junior year, called out for me in the school hallway.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to face her,”Yes?”

“You're running for the student council president, right?” She asked, as I nodded my head innocently.

“I was just wondering why Ian hasn't applied for it yet, the deadline is today. I was wondering if you knew, since you both seem so close and all.” Her words made me cringe internally in disgust, but I managed to keep a neutral expression.

“I have no idea.” I replied, wondering the same.

Since the beginning of Junior year, me and Ian were practically challenging each other as to who would win the elections of student council and have the other one do their bidding.

Speaking of, Ian's been absent since a couple of days.

I was even prepared with a list as to what I'll made him do only to find out Ian didn't apply for it, at all.

“I see. Anyways, good luck for the elections.” She chirped, having a painful smile on her face,”Student council president isn't an easy job, but I have faith you'll do great.” She whispered in my ear before leaving.

I blinked twice, she said that as if she knew I was going to win the elections.

I shook my head and was on my way to the library, when I was stopped again.

“Jenna?”

I turned around and noticed Troy and Crew, both of them are seniors and the former is the captain of the basketball team.

“What is it?” I asked, balancing my books.

Crew coughed, pushing Troy to speak,”Umm… we were wondering if you've seen Ian. He hasn't come to practise since a few days and isn't replying to our messages.”

Why the hell is everyone coming up to me as if I have a microchip attached in Ian to know about his whereabouts?

I tried to control myself from frowning at them,”I don't know either. I'm as clueless as you guys are.” I answered monotonously.

Their faces filled with disappointment, and Crew spoke up,”Fuck. We were thinking you knew since he seem to have his eyes on-” Troy slapped a hand to his mouth before he could complete his sentence.