33

💮 AUTHOR 💮

" We have found Edmund, but " Neil paused.

"But what Neil?"

"When I got his location, I sent my most trusted men for him. They secretly took him from there to a different hospital. Ten men are guarding him 24x7. He is getting the best treatment possible and he will be fine soon. But when Knights will find out that King is missing, they will come after you. Brad is their only hope and one way or other, that bastard will try to trap you in this marriage sham."

"As long as Ed is safe, I don't mind even if I die. I'll accept whatever is in my fate but I want my brother untouched." Ava said as tears clouded her eyes.

"You'll happily be the sacrificial lamb and you think your brother will appreciate it. He would rather die than see you suffer. And he will kill me as well." Neil said with a small smile at the last part.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" She asked controlling her tears.

"Marry me." He said in a calm voice.

"What" she was so sure she misheard him.

"You heard me right. Ed is safe and if we get married, Mr Knight can't force you to marry that sleazeball. I can keep you in hiding but for how long? You have a life. If my name is attached to yours, trust me no one will think about laying a finger on you." Ed explained. The truth was that King had slipped into a coma. Doctors can't guarantee when will he wake up. Having no other option, Neil proposed what he thought was best in this situation.

At least after marrying Ava, he would have a reason to be with her and protect her. He promised himself to be her strength in this tough time.

"I can't spoil your life," Ava said.

"You will not. Trust me. I don't have a girlfriend and my mom insists on me getting married. So you will be helping me just save me from King's wrath when the time comes."

"But don't you want to marry for love?"

"Who said love can't happen after marriage? Who knows, maybe we will fall for each other one day. Avaline, I know what I am proposing, I promise you I'll never regret this decision. And I believe it will turn out to be one of the best decisions I ever made."

"If we are doing this, I want to sign a prenup. I don't want people saying I married you for your money."

"Girl, you realise you are King's sister. Moreover, what's mine, equally belongs to my wife. Prenup won't shut people's mouths, you have to let them bark till they get tired. So are you ready?" He asked.

"I guess."

"Okay, we will sign the papers today and have a wedding when Edmund gets fine. After all, he has to walk you to the aisle and be my best man."

"Thank you so much, Neil, I would be lost without you." Ava said gratefully.

"Don't worry Ava, I am here for you. By the way, I have applied and approved for your leave for a week. And mine for three days. So after getting the marriage certificate, we are going to Ed."

"Really." Ava jumped in happiness to meet her brother.

"Umm, Neil, what if you never fell for me? I don't want you to be stuck in this wedding forever. Tell me whenever you feel it's not working for you and I promise to-"

"Miss Avaline Raine Knight and soon-to-be Mrs Avaline Raine Neil Atkins, me falling for you is not something you need to worry about. Lets take one step at a time and be friends first. Just don't friend zone me forever." He said laughing at the end.

"Neil, I need to go home to pack my bag." She remembered she have nothing here.

"Ava, I'll arrange everything you would need there only. Now you go and freshen up while I prepare breakfast for us."

"Neil you do your work, I'll prepare the breakfast."

"Fine but I'll be making the coffee for us." He said pointedly to tease Ava.

"Ed told you about this, I'll kill him, that brat," Ava shouted in anger. While Neil busted out laughing.

After breakfast, Neil's lawyer brought the forms which both of them filled. Being the man of resources, they got their marriage certificate in two hours only. After which they left to meet Ed.

In the plane.

"So Mrs Atkins, can you save your innocent husband from your brother?" Neil asked with an innocent face.

"Why do you need saving."

"Because your brother will be out for my blood when he finds out that I married his dearest sister." Now he was pouting, melting Ava's heart.

"My brother and your best friend would be grateful for your help," Ava said with confidence.

"Time will tell, Mrs Atkins." Whenever Neil called her 'Mrs Atkins', butterflies in her stomach went crazy and her face turned red. Neil loved the effect that's why he intentionally called her so.

"Neil, now that I am your wife, how will we be in the office."

"Ava, husband and wife can work together and you can work as my assistant for now and when you are ready, you can take over your position on the boards. "

"That would be so unfair."

"Ava, Atkins Empire is a family business which was passed from generation to generation, Mom and my sister aren't a part of it because they have no interest in business but since my wife is capable enough, it's her right. Okay."
Ava nodded with a smile. Though she knew she would never accept that position.

Soon they landed. When Ava turned on her phone, she saw three missed calls from Mr Knight.

"Neil Mr Knight called. I think he found out about Ed." She told him.

"Answer it and tell him you are out of the country on your honeymoon with your husband and when he questions further, hang up on him and destroy the sim."

"And what will we get of it." She asked quizzically.

"Nothing, but it would be fun to imagine him running around fuming and thinking how his life turned 360. He will have to deal with Brad and also save his company from bankruptcy. Let's see what he does. He would be like a dying fish, flapping around."

"But it wouldn't be fair if he forces Celine into this marriage." She said softly.

"Celine is not an innocent puppet, she would never agree. At the party, she proposed to me for marriage, she is quite annoying I must say." Listening to this Ava stopped feeling bad for Celine. And she happily talked Mr Knight as planned and later threw her sim card away.

They both reached the hospital while true to Neil's words, Mr Knight was fuming in anger. He didn't know how to deal with this sudden mess. He didn't even suspect Neil's involvement because of the so-called rivalry he had with King.

Now he was confused that how suddenly King could go missing while he was unconscious. Ava can't do all this on her own in less than 12 hours. And now she claimed to be on her honeymoon is even more shocking. Who did she marry?

How will he deal with Brad? Not only their deal will be broken, but he will also get a new enemy for insulting Brad.

He went to the King's office but wasn't allowed to enter then he even went to his house but it was locked. Having no other option, he desperately asked Celine to take Ava's place but she straight away declined and even threatened Nicholas that if he tried forcing her, she would spill all his secrets to paps.
Mr Knight was about to sink in the quicksand of his sins. While his so-called dearest wife and daughter were mere spectators of his fall.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

#NeVa got married. Were you expecting this. More drama to come, stay tuned😉

QOTD: Which of my story on Wattpad, do you like the most?

(Your answer will help decide the theme for the next book)