𝟹𝟸| 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚘𝚝

As we settled into our usual corner, which used to belong to me first, I don't mind sharing it with Ian these days

"So, Evans,"

I looked up from what I was copy-pasting from our handwritten notes to the laptop, and made eye contact with him. I couldn't help but feel a bit envious of Ian's neat, cursive handwriting compared to mine, which looked like a bunch of cockroaches walking all over it, while Ian was supposed to be choosing a template and making a PowerPoint presentation, with images included.

"Hmm?"

"This is our last session..." He trailed off, inching towards me slowly, having a wistful look.

"It is." I replied, feeling a sense of yearning inside me.

"To be honest, I'm gonna miss this a lot," He confessed, making me stop what I was doing and give my full attention to him now.

"Why?" I asked, out of genuine curiosity.

"Your insults and complaints and short-tempered nature are something else, that's why." He answered, a dreamy smile on his face as he rested his hand on his cheek.

I scoffed, ignoring the sensation that smile is giving me,"The human body has seven trillion nerves and I don't know how you manage to get on every single one of them."

He laughed softly, and then smiled ear-to-ear,"And that's why I'll miss this sessions."

I don't know what got into me, but I felt a rush of emotions that provoked me to be honest with him,"I'll miss this just a bit as well."

"Just a bit?"

"Just a bit."

With that, the conversation ended as we were engrossed in our respective works, and things were wrapping up sooner than expected.

I was cleaning up my desk which was unbelievably messy today, has Addy's soul possessed me or was this a way to spend more time with Ian? Chances of this being the latter option is highly likely, I guess.

My scalp was hurting as well, so I decided to free my hair out of its misery, aka my messy bun.

And I instantly regretted it.

The worn threads of the bracelet got stuck in my hair, making me wince silently, I tried to be as discreet as possible without wanting to grab Ian's attention who was maybe, I don't know, doing something else other than looking at my state.

I was undeniably wrong again.

"Evans, you look you're having some trouble, need a hand?" He offered, while his attention was focused on my hair.

"No, thank you. I'm perfectly fine." I answered, trying to remove my bracelet as gently as I can, because I don't want it to break and I don't trust my unruly hair.