𝟹𝟻| 𝚃𝚛𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘

“Man, I can't feel my legs anymore

“Man, I can't feel my legs anymore.” Addy complained as we were on our way to the third and final spot of our hike.

“I told you you shouldn't have worn your platform shoes,” I reminded her, feeling grateful I chose comfort over fashion.

Having dressed in a simple T-shirt and jeans paired with a black padded jacket and a knitted scarf around my neck, and finishing off with my favourite converse sneakers, I didn't feel an ounce of discomfort. Unlike Addy, whose nose and ears has turned red because of the cold.

“Zip it,” Addy groaned, rubbing her palms together to ward off the cold.

“Here.” I passed her my heat pack which I kept with me in case something like this happens, to which she had an amused expression at first, which later turned into a grateful one.

She whispered a small “Thanks” under her breath to which I shrugged it off,”It's nothing.”

We continued to walk in silence, the sound of the crunch of the dried leaves and the gentle breeze blowing, along with some distant chattering of birds accompanying us.

The first stop consisted of going to a mountain cave, which had been an ancient cave whose entrance was covered with thin icicles hanging at the top of the entrance, making it look enchanting.

Some students were chickened out, including Addy because of the icicles hanging, but nonetheless, Addy entered the cave, gripping my hand so tightly I fear she cut my circulation off, the walls were covered with markings of animals, human-figures, probably etched with rocks based on the uneven figures.

The cave was lightened up, obviously due to us students turning on the flashlights. I tried to make out some of the markings on the walls of the cave but ultimately failed.

“What a shithole.” Chad, the moron, cursed in disgust. He must've angered the spirits which dwell in this cave because the next thing that happened was a colony of bats were let loose, causing Chad to let out a huge shriek as the bats were flying everywhere.

All of the students ran for their lives outside the caves, screaming and shouting and crying, not caring about those who stumbled and fell. As my duty as the student council president, I had to make sure everybody is safe so I helped them and led them out of the cave, earning a few thank you's.

When all of us were safe and sound, Chad, the moron, became the public enemy, got cursed out and everybody threw whatever they could find at him. If it weren't for James, Chad would've been a victim of Homicide.

Me and Addy were snickering under our breaths, enjoying his misery. And no, neither of us participated in his misery.

“This trip is already fun,” Addy cackled, wiping her tears from laughing so hard.

“I know right,” I smiled.

The next stop was a shrine of a local mountain deity, who was rumoured to protect the mountain from snow blizzards, and offer blessings.