𝟹𝟼| 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝙸?

It was dusk by the time we reached back to the camp and we saw service staff wheeling out large grills for the barbecue

It was dusk by the time we reached back to the camp and we saw service staff wheeling out large grills for the barbecue. Since dinner wasn't for another half-an-hour, we headed back towards our assigned rooms in the cabin. A little bit of disappointment remained in me as I tried not to think about my short time and interrupted conversation with Ian.

I washed up and changed into one of my Harry Potter sweatshirts which has the glasses and the scar on it and a simple pair of faded jeans.

Addy was plugging in on her hairdryer, which was actually smart of her to bring. Considering how the air is dryer and humidity is lower in this cold temperature, if not for her, my hair would've ended up just looking just like Chuckie Finster.

You see, Word spreads fast. Soon enough, there's a bunch of girls outside our room asking to borrow Addy's hair dryer. They're bargaining with a bunch of things they brought from home- fidget spinners, lip tints, mosquito repellant and a freaking album of Taylor Swift.

I mean, who's that desperate enough to trade a Taylor Swift album for only a few minutes of hairdryer?

Rich kids.

Even Katie, our reluctant vice president, asks to borrow it. I expected Addy to be petty but she handed the hair dryer without a blink.

I must've had a confused expression on my face because she winked and whispered,”You know what they say? Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.”

I rolled my eyes, remembering I heard this elsewhere as well.

Afterwards, Addy started doing her makeup after she did mine, a simple eyeliner and a lip tint she received from one of our classmates. Then, I took the mosquito repellent and applied on myself, leaving me with a lemon-like citrusy scent.

“So, you guys should really talk it out soon.” Addy started, as she was curling her lashes,"Can you guys be a couple already and not annoy me by not being a couple?"

“I really want to talk it out, but I'm nervous as heck. I'm more scared of him saying yes than no.” I voiced my concern, fidgeting with my bracelet.

Addy was about to apply lip balm but stopped, and turned to face me. “Why? As far as I remember, you're the only girl he talks to on a daily basis.” I stopped playing with the threads and looked up at Addy, who had a huge grin on her face.

“You don't understand, it's because he hates me. Otherwise, why would he go out of his way to annoy me? If I confess my feelings, he's gonna laugh in my face.” I stressed, covering my face with my hands.

The one thing I forgot is about Ian's feelings. Like, c'mon, he rejected all those girls before. He might reject me as well.

“See, this is the situation where you need an outsider’s perspective. And I can confirm that he doesn't hate you at all.” Addy said with such certainty, I almost believed it.