1333: The Little Umbrella

Amidst a large group of warm tourists, Han Suiping was so nervous that a chill ran down his spine.

Every time he got excited and nervous, his body would tremble uncontrollably. He couldn't suppress it, and his throat felt like it wanted to burp. He wiped his sweaty palms on his pants, only to find them sweaty again.

It wasn't his first time, but every time, he felt like he was standing on the edge of a cliff, looking down. How did he end up like this? Could he still turn back? He didn't know. The thought of being caught and facing the consequences made him want to go home—he even remembered the warmth of his childhood alley, basking in the sun.

As he placed his bag on the X-ray machine's conveyor belt, he prayed to the heavens, "Please, just let me pass this one more time."

"Whose bag is this?" a security personnel in a black uniform said, grabbing his bag from the other end of the X-ray machine. "Come over here!"

Han Suiping glanced at the other oblivious tourists. They were all sweating, with smiles on their faces, reattaching their bags as they walked out—outside, there was the boundless blue sea and the joy of a giant cruise ship waiting to set sail.

"It's mine," he croaked, his throat dry. "What's wrong?"

"Take out the contents and show them to me," the security personnel ordered, tapping his bag with a short stick—indicating his laziness in emptying it by hand.

This was a good sign. Han Suiping feared encountering the overzealous type who would empty his bag and then even pat down the fabric layers with their fingers.

A toiletry kit, a stack of clothes, two books... As he removed each item, the short stick landed on a square-shaped bag.

"What's this? Is it a computer?"

"No, no," Han Suiping hastily smiled and said, "I'm an artist, and this is a large sketchbook. Take a look."

He unzipped it and pulled out a sketchbook. Various colors on the paper formed a landscape, with metal powder cleverly mixed into the pigments, giving it a unique beauty. "You see," He didn't dare let the other linger on the sketchbook for too long, quickly pulling out the next small bag, "These are my pigments, brushes, and brush cleaner."

The security personnel, looking annoyed, waved. "You may pass."

Han Suiping let out a sharp sigh of relief, only to realize that his back was already dripping with sweat.

Fortunately, it was hot here, so sweating wasn't unusual. He packed his things again, took out the Sky Journey sign from his pocket, hung it around his neck, and followed the flow of tourists towards the bronze deck where the cruise ship was docked. When he looked back, the security personnel was already checking the next person's bag—once again, fate spared him.

Some people loved to fish, some loved to play games, some loved to paint, none of these could take lives, but his hobby was different.

He loved the internet.

Han Suiping, along with several hundred other tourists, honestly checked in and boarded the ship. He found his room by ticket number, and as soon as the door was closed, he turned off the lights. The cabins on the ground floor of the cruise ship had no windows. When the lights were turned off, it was as dark as if a person had gone blind, so he opened his eyes wide in the darkness and looked around. 

The smoke alarm flashed in the darkness, but there was no other light

In general, monitoring devices weren't installed in guest rooms unless someone intended to secretly film. Han Suiping feared that someone intending to film women would accidentally capture him and report him. He turned on the light and carefully inspected the room, sighing in relief.