Bizarre Signs

Location: Inside a dimly lit room – Meru

...everything is under total control and urges citizens not to panic at all. This comes after majority of citizens have been spotted panic-buying around the country with fear that things might turn even more worse...

A handsome-looking male presenter dressed in black suit, a white shirt and a yellow tie said via BBK news channel, which was an international news television based in London. The channel was covering some of the latest developments concerning the new mysterious infection.

The presenter went ahead:

The government also reports that currently, they're working hand in hand with the Global Health Organization who just jetted into the country to determine a number of things. These are; determining what the infection really is and what is behind it, where it originated from, mode of spreading and how contagious it is as well as determine whether a cure already exists or not.

This comes as rumours continue to circulate on various social media platforms, some claiming that the infection has been bio-engineered as a mass weapon while others suspecting it as a covert depopulation scheme. But scientists are speculating that the infection could've jumped from animals to humans similar to 2019 corona virus.

The statement also states that samples have already been taken and experts are doing their best analyzing the causative pathogen further and results will be out very soon.

Please, stay tuned i will be back with more updates after a short commercial break...

And immediately, the presenter was replaced with commercial advertisements.

The screen airing the news was located to the left of several other screens. Each of the rest of the screens arrayed its unique content regarding the outbreak but with muted audio.

Behind these screens, sat Mr. Conard. He hadn't moved an inch or left the room since he parted with Joe, who he had sent on a mission to fetch David from the city.

As he waited for the presenter to return on the screen, he sighed out of exhaustion and grabbed his phone. The phone was resting on the table next to the keyboard. It was a smartphone model of the late 2020s which also happened to be his favourite gadget when it came to communication. In fact, he preferred this room mostly since it harboured and operated with technologies of 25th century and later.

He typed a brief message addressed to Joe and pressed send.

>>What is the status? Located the subject yet? <<

..Welcome back..

The presenter was back on the screen again. He placed the phone back on the tabled and focused on the screen.

...Some scientist are warning that the current unidentified infection in Nairobi could likely turn out to be more lethal and contagious. They suspect the infection could be capable of spreading super fast across entire globe within a short period of time. A reason they're urging leaders around the globe to immediately commence implementing proper preventive measures in preparations in case of any eventuality.

In other news, local government has maintained that the city is currently under complete lockdown and those within the city are being evacuated to designated safe zones around the city in order to contain the spread. Citizens in rural areas and villages have also been urged to watch out and call 999 or 911 at once in case they notice someone showing unusual symptoms or any one who might have escaped the lockdown.

That's all for now but we urge you to remain posted for more updates as they arise. Thank you for watching and please, we remind you to stay safe until this threat gets fully contained...