𝟺𝟶| 𝙸𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚞 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎

I hurried upstairs to my room, and shut the door, and felt myself sinking to the floor, my eyes stinging

I'm not about to let this ruin my day, we've always had fights, but nothing like this before. How could a parent not support their own child?

I shook my head, feeling the need to be away from here for some time. Standing up, I rubbed my eyes and reached for my phone on my bed and dialled the number of the one person who would make me feel better.

“Hey, Iceberg. Missed me, already?” Ian's enthusiastic voice greeted me after a brief ring and a smile spread across my face already.

“Don't flatter yourself,” I answered, my voice sounding pitchy.

“What's wrong? Is everything okay?” Ian picked up on my feelings right away, I should expect no less from him.

I let out a sigh, realising that he can read me like an open book,”It's just my mom, I told her about my decision to go to law school, and now she's really upset with me.”

“You want to talk about it?”

“Not really,” I said, not wanting to go into details,”But I want to see you, are you busy right now?”

I heard some movement on his end,”Not at all, wait for me outside of your house and I'll come pick you up.”

***

I sat on my doorstep, the cool breeze was gentle, soothing me inside. Being away from the tension in the house already made me feel a lot better.

Suddenly, I saw Ian, slightly out of breath, making his way towards me. He was jogging lightly,”Evans, I'm here!” He called out, his voice breathy and filled with excitement.

”You look like an idiot right now.” I teased him, laughing at the sight of him.

Ian's face was flushed, probably from the cold, but despite it all, he approached me with a tender smile. Leaning down, he gently planted a kiss on my lips, running his hand through my unruly hair.

He deepened the kiss, his thumb tracing small circles on my neck, making me feel all tingly.

“Jenna, you forgot your co-” My dad's voice abruptly halted, and I quickly pushed Ian away, scrambling on my feet and wiping my lips.

Oh fuck, fuck. Dad, for sure is gonna whip out his revolver and shoot Ian in the forehead now. Why did I do that?

“Oh, dad..” I sighed, unable to face my dad, feeling so embarrassed and scared for Ian. 

“Good evening, Mr.Evans.” Ian greeted, his voice calm and steady. How the fuck was he acting so normal after my dad practically walked in on us making out and could possibly be thinking of killing him?

“Well, good evening, Ian. I didn't expect our reunion after all these weeks to be like this.” My dad remarked, his tone calm and neutral, no signs of thinking on his face that he will plan Ian's murder.