𝟺𝟺| 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐?

The dinner started off a bit awkward after Ian and I, you know what happened in his room

Mrs.Walker, bless her heart, was doing most of the talking, and breaking the ice.

“So, Jenna. Is my son treating you all right?”

Ian, who had barely said a word the entire dinner, which was honestly so strange because it's unlike him, finally said,”Of course, I have, Mom.” Ian's mom shot him a look that said she wasn't asking him.

“Yes, he does.” I replied, before continuing to eat my meal.

Ian smiled at his mom, while Mrs.Walker nodded in approval,”Yeah, he better be.”She said before turning to look at me.

“Well, I really wanna know how this son of mine asked you to be his girlfriend, despite having zero dating experience.”

Ian choked on his food, and I passed him the glass of water quickly, he downed the water in one go, and his face turned fully red.

Is he embarrassed?

“Mom,” He said, his voice hoarse from coughing,”Why would you expose me like that?” Yup, he's definitely embarrassed.

“Oh, shut up. I'm just curious as to how my son asked his first girlfriend out, am I wrong to ask?”

The realisation hit me like a wave, catching me off-guard, I'm Ian's first? But that makes perfect sense as well. Ian had never talked about having a girlfriend before, and was always known to reject them. Perhaps, he was intentionally keeping distance from them because of me? I mean, I thought he was gonna reject me as well.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I took a bite of the steak,”Don't worry, he asked me out perfectly with a flower and a confession.”

Ian's mom couldn't hide her surprise as she tapped him on her head,”Is this how I raised you? why didn't you ask her out for dinner first?” Ian, fully embarrassed, scratched his head and tried to explain himself,”Mom, I was going-”

Ian’s mom cut him off,”No, I didn't make you watch all those romance movies for nothing,” she turned her attention back towards me,”don't worry, practice makes perfect. He'll eventually come up with something better.”

I smiled,” It's really fine.”

I looked at Ian when his Mom stood up to fetch some water, and smiled,”It was perfect, it's the small things that matter.” I whispered, reassuring him when he looked like he'll die from embarrassment.

***

The rest of the dinner went surprisingly well, with Sarah, who couldn't stop talking and sharing embarrassing stories about Ian. One of them being when Ian realised he had a crush on me, and couldn't stop talking about me, saying that she almost exposed him when I met her the first time. And that his crush was so obvious, everyone around him could tell, well, except for me.