| 44 |

༊˚ 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 ࿐

Y/N'S POV ::

A week has gone by since our first wedding anniversary. Safe to say that every day is blissful except for the work part. And I've never thought that one day I'll be able to feel these things for a man. A man I didn't even want to get married to. I didn't realize when Taehyung became everything for me.

I didn't see that coming.

We have fallen into a routine. A routine that includes making time for each other despite the busy schedule. I've started to like the nights more because it's a time when I get to sleep in his arms without worrying about anything else. Before when I used to sleep, it's because of the escapism from my nightmares and unpleasant thoughts.

Now my nightmares are just rare.

Or none at all.

Now, I sleep because I am at peace and he sometimes tires me out. Enough that my brain gets filled with nothing but him. It's in the middle of the night now when I feel the discomfort or more like the emptiness on the bed when I jolt awake with my eyes wide open. I find no traces of Taehyung and for a moment my heart picks up its pace.

I look around the dimly lit room, looking for the sign but I find nothing. The eerie silence surrounds me, turning my panic mode on. "Taehyung?" I croak out, my voice echoing in the air. "Tae?" I muttered again and after getting no response, I got out of the bed and slipped my feets into my slippers. Adjusting my nightgown, I storm out of the room, assuming that I'll find him somewhere in the house.

Calling out Taehyung's name multiple times, my gaze landed on the lights coming from his study room. "What the fuck is he doing there at this hour?" I questioned as I made my way towards the room. Standing outside, I was about to push the door open when I remembered his words. He had told me not to enter his study room without knocking because it's messy most of the time and it could really trigger me so I inhale a sharp breath and lightly knock on the door.

"Wait." Taehyung calls out while I stand outside. I hear some shuffling sounds after a few minutes, the door opens, revealing the man I had been looking for. He shuts the door behind him while I stare at him. My heart suddenly starts beating faster at his sight. "What are-" His words halt as I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his chest. Taehyung freezes for a brief second before he wraps his arms around me. "Where did you go?" I asked, without breaking the hug.

"I couldn't sleep, My vixen." He mutters, slowly running circles on my back. I inhale a breath, feeling relieved. "Don't leave just like that. You should've woken me up or informed me." I utter, tightening my grip around his torso as I continue listening to his heartbeat. "I have separation anxiety from you." The words escaped my mouth before I could even stop them. He pulls away, a chuckle erupting from his mouth while my cheeks redden.