7 minutes in Heaven

::Girl::

7. Lucky number 7. I've never been one to believe in superstitions, but during those 7 minutes I came to believe that the number 7 was indeed lucky.  How was the number 7 lucky, you ask? Well, if I told you that, then what would be the point of this little story? 7 minutes was all it took. Who knew that 7 minutes could change my life? Who knew that a crazy party game could bring me face to face with the one person I thought-believed- was dead? Who knew that within just 7 minutes that I would fall in love with my best friend all over again. A best friend who-at the time-didn’t have a clue who I was. To be honest, I didn’t have clue who he was either.

::Boy::

Maybe it was fate that brought us together? Or maybe it was the 3 cans of beer I chugged down. Or maybe it was hope. Hope for something of my old life to come rushing back. Hope that I’ll remember something. Anything. I'm not sure I care what brought us together. All I know is, that I love her. After all these years of having forgotten her -to think that I could. She has always been my best friend. I knew it somewhere deep inside of me. The little girl I saw my 10 year old self playing with in my dreams. Those piercing sapphire blue eyes that made me melt inside. That sweet voice giggling and saying, “I love you too,” as I slid a too big ring on her too small finger. To be with her again, to remember our childhood together. I would give anything if I could fall in love with her all over again. But I would have to remember her first.