Chapter Two

Updated: 5/3/24
Above is a Krovlott.

Ruin/Void's POV

It's hard to avoid the truth when it's staring you straight in the face. I could barely register what I was looking at, let alone where I was. My body wasn't moveable. I was strapped tightly to something and I could barely even feel my limbs. I would've said it was a table, but the thing felt alive. Like, underneath me felt like it was moving and everytime I moved, the straps binding me to the table tightened. Not like it took me long to learn that as they dig into my skin with each small movement.

I'd woken up to oddly bright, dark lights. The feeling of being suffocated despite still breathing also contributed to my awakening. I'd thought I'd been caught by Quill or that I was in a hospital, but the constant pressure on my ears and head, plus the figures that made croaking and buzzing sounds constantly surrounded me told me that my guesses were far from the truth.

They weren't too tall. Probably around 5'8, yet they were scarily large. Their bulk took up a space it would take two humans to take up. They didn't have shoulders. Their arms came from their stomachs, and at the end of their arms, their pincer/hands were jagged and constantly pulsing with a dull light. Their head was just as grotesque. It secreted a shit-green liquid all over their squashed face with eyes that bugged out from their head and a mouth that was kept open from the oversized teeth. Behind them followed a long thick tail. The tail was how I knew their brownish yellow skin was squishy as they often lost a part of their tail due to another sliding over it and easily smashing it under their body. A body that had no legs or feet, and instead resembled a very disturbed-looking slug.

Living nightmares. I passed out the first time I saw one, but as the time went by and I stopped trying to undo the bindings, I grew uncomfortably comfortable. They ignored me for the most part, their blinding white eyes never even spared me a glance.

Until they did.

The largest Bug - as I call them - stepped up to my feet. His eyes roamed my body and I looked away so I wouldn't have to stare into the souless depths of them, but I yelped and twitched when I felt his pincer hands tugging at my feet. The corners of his mouth were turned downwards as he concentrated on my socked feet. The straps tightened ever so slightly and I froze again and watched as he figured out that the sock wasn't a part of me and he tore both of them off with ease.

Curiosity shown on his face as if I was a new toy. He walked around the corner of the table to my side and studied the rest of my clothing. One pincer hand touched my hand and the other touched my shirt. He rubbed both hands and then made a buzzing sound, drawing the attention of two other Bugs. They came up to the sides of him and did the same thing, repeating the buzz, but with a slightly different tone.

The first Bug took one of his pincer hands and used the jagged end to tear a line from the neck of my shirt to my pants. Which he then proceeded to cut through my pants. He tore those off and then rubbed his hand down my torso, poking certain spots of my stomach. I heard another buzz, this one deeper and from my head. I looked up on reflex and hissed as the strap on my shoulders tightened so much it slipped to my neck. This Bug was larger and he made a croaking sound this time and I wished I was dead.

Not even seconds after the croak ended, something was jammed into my side. I screamed and thrashed against the binds. It caused the Bug at my head to grab both sides of my head and so I stilled, knowing that if I moved, he could easily snap my head in two or crush my neck with a simple punch from his pincer hands. Another jab in my side and then it was like my whole body went numb. I couldn't even move my eyes as my breathing became labored. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, adrenaline chasing the pain away.