𝟎𝟏

01. 𝓛𝓮𝔂𝓵𝓪

 𝓛𝓮𝔂𝓵𝓪

━━ . ⋆ ★˙ ° /

LEYLA STARK OF WINTERFELL.

People have many things to say about her. They say Leyla is a child prodigy. They say she has an adult mind trapped in the child's body. By the age of seven, she had read every history book in the Library Tower, and as soon as she was done with them, she had got a hold on healing and agriculture ones.

For a renowned wild girl of Winterfell, who likes to play with daggers and go horse-riding in breeches alongside her twin and bastard brothers, some would think Leyla wouldn't be much interested in womanly things. But to Lady Stark's utter delight, her eldest daughter proved them all wrong. Because by the age of nine, she was quite proficient in her stitches and had been praised by Septa Morda as her gifted student.

They say she has the voice of a goddess and is known to be delicate on her feet. They say she has a good head on her shoulders. That she has equal love for both the twin brother and bastard one. They say it's because the bastard and the eldest stark girl look more alike than her own twin Robb with their striking grey eyes and black hair like Ned Stark.

They say she is the apple of her Lord Father's eyes, and the duo is often found under the weirwood tree in the godswood, as well as the solar of Lord Eddard Stark. They say winter was in her bones, in her blood —just like her Father.

Some even speculate that Leyla was the reason behind Moat Cailin's repairs, and the idea for constructing new glass gardens is going underway. They say, even though most of the North is not blessed by natural hot springs as Winterfell, Leyla Stark had written to her uncle Benjen at the Castle Black and had asked for the designs of vegetable gardens that are present at the wall and also for the ones on the North of it.

They say her sleeps were cursed, and often during her childhood, the entire household would wake up in the middle of the night to her screams.

But what they don't say is that as Leyla grew, she got so used to those haunting dreams that she just suffers in silence now. What they don't see are the tears she cries at night beneath her sheets. They don't know that every night, Leyla meets with strangers from different lands in her dreams. Nor do they see the invisible string that connects her to her past. They didn't know that the young girl's eyes were wide open to the world around her, and Leyla Stark can't close them even if she tried.

They don't know of the haunting stories in her mind, nor do they see the mayhem in her heart.

All they see is the practiced self-control in her Stark-grey eyes.

They say she is betrothed to Domeric Bolton —the heir and trueborn son of Roose Bolton, Lord of Dreadfort— who is currently serving as a squire for Lord Horton Redfort in the Vale. They say Leyla handpicked the suitors herself. They say she is set to marry him once she reaches six and ten.