Heaven & Alex

Teacher x Student

I've been in her music class for the past four years, an even after all that time I find myself getting lost in her big green eyes. My mind goes blank just looking at her and I feel like my body is on fire when she touches me. I've never been able hold a full conversation with her without stuttering and making a fool of myself. Her name is Ms.Smith; Alex Smith and she is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

Today is the last day of my senior year and I'm determined to talk to her. I've just finished my final project that she assigned about a month ago. We were required to depict music. I decided to create a sculpture of a treble cleft made entirely out of old instrument parts. It was absolutely magnificent. I had decided to spray paint it to look like a rainbow, because why not? With the society we have now in days it just makes sense to acknowledge the masses rather than choose one artist or genera to depict. I took a step back to admire my handy work just as the final bell rang. I smiled at my work, it was very good. Most of my classmates had run for the exit as soon as the bell rang, I could hear the screams and shouts coming from down the hall. It was official we were done, no more essays, no more tests, no more school! We were free, and yet I couldn't help but feel like I still had something to do.

I felt a hand on my left upper arm and jumped. My back hit a chest and I immediately turned around. I was face to face with her. She smiled at me and I saw her eyes light up.

Damn!

"It looks great honey! This is my favorite!" I smiled at her and turned around taking in the sculpture.

"It is huh?" I sighed. "Well thank you, It means the world." Her hand was still on my arm and I swear it felt like it was on fire. I took a step forward and tweaked an out of place piece. Ahh the relief. I crossed my arms to my chest and let out a breath. "I'm really going to miss this." I said shrugging my shoulders and sucking in a sharp breath of air.

I heard her heals click across the floor as she walked toward me. She stood in front of me then turned to the side so she had me and the sculpture in her line of view. She looked me up and down and took a step closer.

"This?" She pointed at the sculpture. "You can come by and pick it up after I grade it if you want." She chuckled.

I shook my head and smiled turning to look directly at her. "No, not that. I mean this." I gestured to the class room. "This. This room. These chairs. This school and you..." She smiled and looked down.

"I'm going to miss you too, Heaven." She turned to look at the sculpture bringing her arms up hugging her self. "I'll miss you a lot." I felt my cheeks and tips of my ears heat up. "Aww I didn't mean to make you blush."

I put my head down and laughed. "Yeah well I can't help it. No one has ever said...any...anything like that to me." There's that stutter.

She took a step toward me and placed her hands on my shoulders. I looked up at her and she smiled at me which made me smile. "Well it's true! You truly are my favorite student. Well I guess student isn't a good way to put it anymore. Simply put you are my favorite person. I'm so happy I had you for the past four years." I felt my smile grow.

"Thank you! You're my favorite person too." She brought her arms up around my neck and pulled me into a hug. I was a bit caught off guard and froze a bit. After a moment I placed my hands on her lower back and hugged her back. We stayed like that for a while. In that time I was able to bask in her sweet smelling perfume. She always smelled like vanilla and coffee. It was homely and comforted me. She pulled away slightly and we looked at each other. I looked into her eyes, being this close made me realize they were outlined in a hazel color. I was just mesmerized.