Chapter 6

Sleep leaves my body quickly, replaced by panic.

      I open my eyes to find two men, one on either side grabbing my arms to drag me out of my bedroom.

      "Let go of me!" I shout, my voice still a little rough from sleep. I immediately begin fighting, kicking, and spitting any obscenities I know. I don't know who these guys are, but they want me for something, and it can't be good. 

     When my struggle doesn't appear to accomplish anything except a bruised toe and ego, I stop to assess the situation. I study the men and see that one is blonde, and the other has pitch-black hair. Pitch (my nickname for my captor to distinguish the two) has a slight limp - either natural, or from half dragging me, I'm not sure - and they both are dressed poorly. 

      I know that my own strength will not be enough to overpower them, but perhaps I can outwit them. They exchange concerned looks with one another due to my now strange calm, a contrast to the hysterics I was in moments before.

      "Who are you?" I question, surprised and embarrassed to hear a small quiver in my voice.

      As I expected, I receive no answer, but they appear a little more disgruntled at this fearful side of me. 

      They drag me down the stairs and into the living area. Just as I'm debating kicking Pitch's weak leg out from under him at the last step, I look up, finding two more men.