𝐬𝐢𝐱. charlie opens up

private chat between neil perry and charlie dalton

perry the platypus 🎭

hey charlie

we really need to talk now

charlie?

you've been avoiding all of us for weeks now

you've only talked to pitts and cameron

which is really weird to say

charles?

charles dalton?

dude i swear to god i will take your diary

prince charles 👑

stfu neil

its a journal fyi

really?

those are the first words you're going to say to me?

yep

also plz be patient next time

i was in the middle of algebra

and i can't afford to piss off Mr. Smith

with his white ass name

charlie

i'm serious we need to talk

ok

ok?

ok

ok.

uh so what did cameron threaten to tell us about?

like i said

nothing

cameron's all bark no bite

bull charlie

even if it was "nothing" you'd still tell us

that's the kind of person you are

so really, what are you ashamed of?

you know what

i'll call

i'm in a closet

heh that's ironic

charlie dalton is calling... neil perry

"Hey dude," Charlie starts, breathing deeply and quietly.

"Hey Charlie, please continue and tell me" Neil asks, anxiously

"You're not on speaker right?"

"Yeah of course. I know it would be wrong for Todd to hear. He already left for the library with Meeks and Knox"

"Oh okay, I didn't want to tell all of you because this problem doesn't even concern me, but, my dad was trying to invest in something.

"Even the lawyers said that it was a smart move and there was nothing to worry about. But still my dad lost the deal, and the worst part is he doesn't think that it's his fault," Charlie exhales.

"Wait, so why isn't that a good thing?" Neil questions, extremely confused by this new side he's seeing of his best friend.

"Neil, he doesn't blame it on him because he says that it's my fault," Charlie exasperates, "he says that because I am openly bisexual on my social media, that's why the investors turned the deal down."

Both of the two boys are speechless for the first time. Neil tries to stutter out a response to comfort his best friend who he can hear breathing heavily, as if the latter was trying not to cry.

"But why would he say something like that? Didn't he openly accept you when you came out in middle school?" Neil asked, completely appalled.

"Yeah, he did actually. But when he told us, it was after he left the house abruptly during winter break. He smelled like alcohol and was holding a cheap whiskey bottle when he told us the news. I mean, my mom didn't believe him, and she still supported me.

"Originally, I didn't believe him either because of what he said back then and because he didn't say anything like I don't care. He told me, 'that's fine and I will still support you'. But the next morning he told me to take down my pride insta posts and said that he still "supports me" but he doesn't think that everyone else will, so I should take them down for the family's sake.

"Like what kind of bullshit is that? How is that called supporting your gay son?" Charlie finishes as his voice cracks.

"Oh, Charlie. I'm so sorry what happened. But you know that you could have still told us anyway," Neil encourages.

"I can't actually, Neil! I can't because my dad doesn't want this kind of information getting around that finally, the Dalton banking enterprises was unsuccessful and other irrelevant information.

"Besides, you know Pitts is horrible at keeping secrets! I know it's not intentional, but stuff like that would go around regardless!" Charlie sniffles. Neil agrees quietly.

"Anyway, this closet is giving me closeted vibes," Charlie and Neil chuckle slightly, "I will see you later at dinner man. Thanks a lot buddy."

"See you later Charlie," Neil smiles through the phone.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

So, please ignore the fact that I took almost over two weeks to post this one chapter. I thought I would have more time over spring break, but I guess I didn't.
I hope you guys kind of like this one, it was a little bit more serious and not quite comedic. I really struggled to write this chapter, but I had to commit to this idea because that's where the last chapter was leading to. I think I will continue with more text stories because they're more fun to write and frankly easier!
More news, is that i've developed an idea for a Charlie Dalton fanfic, so that will be coming in as soon as possible. Also, how are you guys liking the new cover?
Have a fantastic day and take care of yourself! 🤠

NOT SO DEAD POETS GC - the dead poets societyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें