Homefield Advantage.

Jonathon Crane:

He stands over me, his black mask strapped to his face, his eyes so utterly serious. He has just tied me up beside a few Batman impersonators and pulled the mask from my face.

"Dont let me find you out here again,"
He says to the man in a ski mask just beside me, his voice purposely lowered. So very theatrical. I wonder what deep seated emotional trauma drives a full grown man to put on a bat suit. What breed of daddy issues convinces a man to spend a small fortune on bat shaped technology?

"We're trying to help you!"
The man beside me yells as Batman jumps back into his tank, the door opening upwards like a Lamborghini's.

"I don't need help,"
He counters.

"Not my diagnosis,"
I chime in, amused.

"What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?"
The civilian asks.

"I'm not wearing hockey pads,"
He says, the tank whirring mechanically and his seat sinking down into it. The doors close just above him and he's gone.

"You have a knife on you?"
I ask the civilian.

He ignores me.

"Ah okay, you're just that much better than me - I see."

The civilian's mask covered head turns to me bitterly.

"Yeah, i am."
He says defensively.

"Hmm, considering you're tied just beside one of Gotham's most wanted- I don't think you are."

Come on, bring out a knife! Let's see it. Let me slice your throat and use the blood covered weapon to cut myself loose. You're bound to have a knife.

He shakes his head angrily as I burrow beneath his skin.

"I bet your family is going to be so proud of you."
I pester.

He closes his eyes.

"Daughters, sons?"
I ask.

"You shut your mouth you dirty little-"
A loud siren echos throughout the garage as a police car pulls up onto our floor.

Damn. I was really making some progress with this guy.

"Enjoy jail."
I taunt.

"Enjoy black gate."
He growls.

"Oh no,"
I chuckle.

"I'm going home. I'm going back to Arkham."

"That's where you belong, freak!"

I laugh to myself as the GCPD exit their cars just in front of us.

Back to my home field.