Chapter XXXVIII. Fallin' For Ya

Greensboro, North Carolina

Anneliese Hudson"Fallin' For Ya"

Anneliese Hudson
"Fallin' For Ya"

"Lemme stop before I start crying." I mumbled to myself as I stare in the mirror.

I was trying to do my hair and it wasn't working out. So, instead of breaking down over it, I just gave up. I turned off the bathroom light then walked back in the room. Going to the bed, I climbed on top of Onest then lean down towards him.

"Babe." I whispered in his ear.

"Yes baby." He said back in his deep, raspy morning voice. Damn, do I love waking to his handsome voice.

"I'm heading out. You want me to get breakfast while I'm out?" I asked as I started playing with his ear.

"Nah, it's good mamas."

"You sure."

"Yeah, I'm sure baby."

"Okay, I'll be back in an hour or so. I'm taking your car too sir." I gave him a kiss on the cheek before getting up.

I grabbed his keys and my bag before walking out our room. We were staying at this nice hotel down in Greensboro. It was really nice down here from what I seen so far. And it was hot as fuck. I thought Jersey was hot during the summer, but damn did North Carolina beat them.

I stepped onto the elevator then thanked the person that held it open for me. I lean on the wall thinking about what me and my mom were going to talk about. I just wanted to let her know what's been going on with me.

Things that happen with my dad, my grandma and Onest. How I was feeling everyday and thoughts that I tend to keep to myself. I been having a lot of moments and thoughts that I knew would upset some people, Onest to be specific.

I just needed someone to talk to without getting any sympathy back. I needed someone to listen and I knew my mom was going to listen. I stepped off the elevator once it opened then headed out the building. I reached Onest car, unlocking it then getting in.

"Let's get this started."

დ︎დ︎დ︎

I pulled up my jeans before taking a seat on the grass. I place the bouquet of roses on her gravesite. I stare at the headstone with her name on it. A picture of her smiling like the one on the locket I was wearing was on her site.

I cleared my throat preparing myself. I already know I was going to be crying soon and I was ready.

"Well, I didn't think I would ever get to see you." I began looking at her picture.