Chapter 26

"Boo!"

She said.

I stared at her with a shocked expression.

"What? Can't believe it's me?" She mockingly said.

I wonder why... I mean, she has no reason to do this to me after all.

"No. I already knew that you were a noble from last time." I said.

"Hm?"

"But the thing I want to ask you the most is, why are you doing this to me? Please at least explain so so that I can understand. At least before you do anything funny to me." I let out a tired laugh.

"Lady Sabrina." I added.

'Dammit.'

"Why should I?" She asked.

I just cast a glare at her.

She stepped forward and grabbed my hair.

"Why are you glaring at me like that?" She said in a monotone voice.

"Alright. Since you want an explanation, I'll give it to you." She said as she let go of my hair.

"You two, leave us alone and guard outside." She said to the masked persons.

They walked out and left.

"It all started at the banquet. If only you didn't dance with the prince that night, it wouldn't have come to this." She muttered.

'Wait, so regardless of who danced with the prince, does it mean that she'll do this to the person who danced with him? That's so sick!'

"That's your reason?" I said incredulously.

This was too much shocking to believe.

Is that really all?

"Yes. Now, since I explained to you the reason, I'm going to kill you without further ado." She said as she took a knife from her back.

My situation was not as bad as I thought. My hands were free and there was no restraint that's in my body right now.

'I can escape!'

Before she could stab me with her knife, I stood up, dodged the knife and punched her face.

Hardly.

She seemed surprised when I punch her and carried a blank face for a moment.

I took the opportunity to headbutt her and she fell to the floor.

Unconscious.

"Huh? So this is all it took for you to stop? Wahh, I experienced all that dangers and sufferings because of this frail little girl in front of me?! I can't believe this!"

I talked to her unconscious body and said my words of frustration.

The door opened and the two masked men came inside.

'Shoot.'

They eyed Sabrina's unconscious body and muttered something in a small voice.

"Lady Sabrina fell unconscious. Retreat now."

They then disappeared without a trace.

'Huh? They're leaving her? And was that magic?'

"Ow."

It took a while for my forehead to hurt.

After a minute or so, Sabrina woke up. But before she woke up, I took the knife away from her and tied her hands with some rope from the sidelines.