Chapter 22

Annabeth POV

"The left screen is from Percy's perspective because he's wearing camera contact lenses. The right screen represents video from the drone that I'm controlling," Leo explained. 

Percy was walking through a dark alleyway. 

It seemed to serve as a parking lot, considering all of the cars. The buildings were dark brown, and they looked old. This was not a good part of town. 

My nerves increased as a few lights turned on and illuminated the road. 

BlodgeHarm was already there with guns drawn. A few vans were blocking the road, and soldiers were scattered around in front of Percy. 

"Oh wow, that's a lot of soldiers," Jason said firmly. 

"Guys, this is a trap. They drew Percy into an alleyway to kidnap him. There's no way that Kronos would give Percy the conspiracy list," Silena said boldly. 

Honestly, she was completely correct. 

"Leo, can you get the drone a little closer, so that we can get more details around the bigger picture?" I asked. 

"No, Percy rejected that idea," Leo said. "The drone actually isn't for a visual. It's for recovery."

Leo's words were ambiguous. He was too distracted by the action on the screens. Plus, he had to control the drone safely because it would apparently be important. 

My attention turned back to Percy who stopped several yards away from the terrorists. All of their guns were drawn and pointed at Percy. 

"Kronos isn't there. That is Krios and a few other leaders in the center," Jason informed. 

Director Chiron nodded in confirmation. 

It was a long shot to think that Kronos would actually come to pick up Percy. However, Krios, being Kronos's brother, wasn't much better of a human being. They were both monsters. 

The alliance between WiCKeD and BlodgeHarm made sense. Krios controlled BlodgeHarm while Kronos was the powerful leader of WiCKeD. 

"Well, I see that Kronos sent his henchman to get me," Percy said slyly. 

My lips twitched with a smirk. Classic Percy to go into a fight with an infuriating, yet attractive sarcastic personality. But, this was not the time to be insulting your enemies. 

All of the soldiers straightened their guns at Percy. They all were wearing masks to hide their identities. Only Krios and a few others were unmasked. 

As such, it was easy to see who the leaders vs soldiers were. 

Krios simply chuckled menacingly. Tingles crawled up my back at his evil laugh. 

"There's the sense of humor that my brother wants to abolish from your soul. I have to admit that I'm impressed that you came to us," Krios said boldly. 

"Well, I'm not really scared of you," Percy snapped. 

Leo shifted his controls on his tablet. I watched as the large screen got closer to Percy's interaction with BlodgeHarm. The dark drone was camouflaged with the cloudy night sky, so it was practically invisible to everyone in the alleyway. 

"You will be soon enough. Kronos and I have big tortures prepared for you. Unfortunately, my brother is taking care of business right now," Krios informed. 

"That business is probably regarding the bombs," Agent Frank said. 

Other team members shushed him even though he was making a good point. We were all too invested in Percy right now.