xvi. narrative & social media

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
SIXTEEN
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"SURPRISE!"

Penelope screamed and dropped her phone as a crowd of different people all jumped from their hiding places.

"Happy Birthday Nelly!" Jules ran over to hug Penelope.

"What. The. FUCK." Penelope was still struggling to comprehend what just happened.

"Your face was hysterical when you saw all the lights were off." Finn was red from laughing so hard.

Everyone started to gather from their hiding spots to greet Penelope at the door. She got a good look around at all of the decorations hanging from the walls and the hundreds of balloons on the floor and in the air. And there was a long table in the living room covered in gifts. It was a surprise party.

"You guys did this all for me?"

"Duh." Finn deadpanned.

"Stop being such an ass." Jules scolded him and elbowed him in his side.

"Ow!"

Penelope was overwhelmed with emotions and broke down in front of her friends. There was a collective aww that went around the room. Her friends surrounded her in a group hug.

"Surprise," Came a voice from behind Penelope.

The front door was still open and outside in her driveway stood Louis. He had flowers and a gift in his hand. Penelope gasped and covered her mouth.

She didn't really know why, but found herself running - nearly tripping - outside to him. Penelope wrapped her arms around him, engulfing him in a hug.

"Happy Birthday." Louis squeezed Penelope back.

"How are you even here right now?" She pulled away to look at him.

"I flew in yesterday, but we've been planning this party for weeks."

"We?" Penelope turned back to see her friends waving to her. "Oh." She turned back to Louis, gazing up at him.

"Are we gonna party or what?" Jules called from behind them.

"Right." Penelope blinked herself back to reality, Louis looked visibly embarrassed.

"Shall we?"

"Come on." Penelope smiled and took his hand, leading them to the house.

They had managed to invite all of Penelope's closest friends. Sabrina, Olivia, Hailee, Josh, Sadie, Gaeten, Caleb, her co-stars from Spider-Man, Timotheé, and even some of her social media mutuals.

milliebobbybrown