(46) - There Were Three

"You think we should give them a call?" Evie asked as she, Ben, and Harry were making their way inside the building of Emma and Henry's old apartment. "Put their minds at ease? We promised we would before we left."

"Probably a wise idea," Harry sighed as he fished out his phone. "Before we find them hot on our tails only to give us a lecture about 'scaring them'." He pressed the 'Killian Jones' button on the device and it wasn't two rings before the older pirate answered.

"Harry?" Killian's voice was heard on the phone.

"Aye, it's me. We just arrived at the old Swan abode," the raven-haired boy explained as he heard another voice on the other end of the line he couldn't make out.

"Uh huh?" Captain Hook was saying, and it was clear that he was struggling to stay focused with the phone call from where he was.

Harry snorted. "We're entering the building now. The ride was pretty stuffy, but was smooth sailing for the most part."

"Okay, that's good," Killian said in relief.

"Henry boy took off, but we have yet to begin the search," the younger pirate gave a status report. "We're still yet to see where to start searching."

"Any idea?"

"I'm new to this world, remember? I wouldn't know where to look if I tried. Half the 'technology' in this gods ridden world is pushing me to insanity. And now... we're about to walk into this colossal magic box with these weird little buttons," Harry tilted his head with wide eyes as him and the others approached the elevator. "Would it be foolish of me to just now suspect that we're being led into a trap?"

"Relax, it's just an elevator," Evie muttered, patting the raven-haired boy on the shoulder.

"I wound't worry—that intimidated me at first, too." Killian heard the mini-exchange. When he first found Emma and her son in New York, it took him nearly half-an-hour to figure out the blasted contraption.

"Oh, I thought it was a torture chamber," Harry responded to Evie sarcastically.

"You're sure you have everything you need?" Killian asked once again since they left the safety of Storybrooke.

Harry rolled his eyes for what felt like the thousandth time with this man. "Aye."

He then heard his alternate father sigh. "Harry, lad. Robin won't stop pestering me about Regina's spawn. Is Evie with you?"

The Hook boy snorted and held the phone to the blue-haired girl.

"Hello, Mr. Jones," Evie said amused into the phone. "I'm fine, thank you for asking."

"Yeah, okay," Killian's exasperated voice was heard.

Harry smirked and brought the phone back to his ear. "Well, ye heard the blueberry yerself."

"Okay, tell her he says hi."

"Yer dad is saying hi," Harry said absentmindedly to Evie before turning back to Killian. "Bye," he said a little too eagerly.

"Wait, let me ta-"

"Buh bye."

Harry ended the phone call and turned to see Evie glaring at him as the elevator had reached the third floor. Ben chuckled and shook his head at the two VKs as they exited.

They walked into the old Swan apartment and looked around.

"How homey," Evie commented as they walked in, admiring the place.