3. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ

You held me up when I was down and out

But I don't want you waiting 'round for me

I don't want you waiting too long

- Gravity, Brent Faiyaz & Tyler The Creator

•••

Friday

Friday

She was laying on her bed in her room, staring at the 4 white walls around her.

Her focus wasn't actually on the 4 walls but her mind was reminiscing the blue eyes from last Saturday.

Darren Amos, there was something about him, he seemed like a nice man but his eyes. . . his eyes held suffering.

How could she tell? Someone she used to know use to hold the same suffering in their eyes.

No they aren't dead, but they went through a very dark time and their eyes held the same expression.

"I'm probably over exaggerating, I don't even know the man" she sighed getting up from her bed in search of an outfit.

Tonight she was singing at The PeaceMaker, the small bar down the street from her apartment.

She stood in front of her closet tapping her chin.

She decided on a white long sleeve turtleneck and a shin length black spaghetti strap satin dress, she paired it with her favorite square toe leather heel boots. She added gold accessories and put her faux locs in a bun.

"Cute" she walked away from her full length mirror and grabbed her guitar and her bag, she locked her door and made her way downstairs to her bike.

•••

It was a short ride there, she locked up her bike and made her way into the bar.

She was the 10th act tonight, the first act wasn't up yet so she had some time.
"Can I get 2 shots of vodka and a slice of lemon?" the bartender nodded

While she waited for her shots she felt eyes on her, she was met with the same blue eyes she was worrying about less than 30 minutes ago.

"Efi" a smile plastered on his face
"Darren" she smiled too taking in his appearance.
His dirty blonde curly hair was down, it was about mid neck length. He was wearing a simple black crewneck, jeans, black converses, and an expensive looking watch.

"You didn't have to come, my maman is a bit much"
"Oh it's no problem, I'm pretty excited to hear you sing"
"Let's hope I don't disappoint you"
"I'm sure you won't" he gave her a reassuring smile and she turned away from him